Victor Blackwell is co-anchor on "New Day Weekend" with Christi Paul Saturdays and Sundays at 6 am ET.
When Victor isn't anchoring, he is digging for the next big investigative story. He has taken the lead on some of CNN's proudest work– most memorably the unsolved death of Georgia high schooler Kendrick Johnson.
But there's a lot more to Victor than news– here he shares 10 things you didn't know about him:
1. A restauranteur in Jacksonville, Fla. once featured a dessert named after me. It was a cinnamon-raisin bread pudding wrapped in a sweet tortilla and served with a rum dipping sauce
2. My first live concert was by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, It was a gift for my 10th birthday. Nancy Wilson was my second concert, for my 13th birthday. I asked for both
3. I don't drink coffee. My mug on the anchor desk is filled with room-temperature water
4. I collect neckties. It makes sense for the job. I own more than 300 of them
5. In 2007, I underwent laparoscopic gastric banding. I've lost more than 130 pounds
6. I've donated more than 100 suits, blazers, shirts, etc. to Suited for Success, a Florida- based non-profit that helps men re-enter the workforce after being released from prison
7. In 2001, I was a contestant on the college edition of Wheel of Fortune. I won $2, 300
8. Every year, my friends and I eat my birthday cake with our hands. It started as a goofy idea in college and it stuck
9. I collect and frame currency from every country I visit. I'm up to 20, now. The Kenyan Schilling is my favorite
10. I was a mall Easter bunny on spring break one year during high school. I earned $78 a day
Connect with Victor!
Christi Paul is co-anchor of "New Day Weekend" alongside Victor Blackwell Saturdays and Sundays at 6 am ET.
Christi was the final anchor to be named to the "New Day" team– but she is no stranger to the show or CNN. Christi has been an anchor and correspondent for HLN and CNN since 2003. She is a best-selling author and a very talented singer, but we bet these are 10 things even her super fans might not know about her:
1. I was an intern at Entertainment Tonight
2. I have sung the National Anthem for the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers and Arizona Diamondbacks
3. I ran a half-marathon a couple of years ago
4. I'm only 5' 3"! I always get the, 'you're much shorter than you look on TV...'
5. I once had a side job as a magicians assistant after college– don't make the mistake of thinking that the magician does all of the hard work!
6. I am a mom to three daughters, two dogs, two chickens and three beehives
7. I competed in Miss Ohio and fell off of the stage– where I learned the pivotal lesson that 'it's not important how many times you fall, what matters is that you get back up'– I just learned it literally
8. I've been a bridesmaid 13 times!
9. My first job in television news was as a main anchor/reporter/photographer AND editor in West Virginia and I made $12,000 a year
10. My Czech mother-in-law spent many nights drinking and trying to teach me to curse in Czech
Connect with Christi!
Want to hear that amazing singing voice?
Watch one of Christi's music videos below (this one's our favorite!)