Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl received praise on social media after flaunting a "normal" body in the swimsuit category during the Miss USA pageant.
But here's the thing– 25-year-old Diehl is 5'8", weighs 137 pounds and wears a size 4. So many people are wondering... wait a minute is this really what we should be calling "normal?"
Weigh in on our Facebook page!
Amy Kremer, the former chairwoman for the Tea Party Express was tweeting for joy June 10 as House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was majorly upset be little known tea partier Dave Brat. But was this really an underdog victory? Or did Cantor's supporter's simply assume he'd win and neglect the polls?
With radical violence emerging in Iraq, many in the U.S. are on edge about America's involvement.
Nearly 4,500 Americans were killed in the Iraq War and for families of those service members, seeing these problems reemerge, reopens many wounds.
"New Day" spoke with Salina Jimenez, whose husband, David Almazan was a combat medic in the Army. He was killed in 2006 by an IED. We also spoke with retired Lt. Col. Joe Repya and discussed the painful but important question– If this violence continues, did Iraq War veterans die in vain?
When Victor isn't anchoring, he is digging for the next big investigative story. He has taken the lead on some of CNN's proudest work– most memorably the unsolved death of Georgia high schooler Kendrick Johnson.
But there's a lot more to Victor than news– here he shares 10 things you didn't know about him:
1. A restauranteur in Jacksonville, Fla. once featured a dessert named after me. It was a cinnamon-raisin bread pudding wrapped in a sweet tortilla and served with a rum dipping sauce
2. My first live concert was by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, It was a gift for my 10th birthday. Nancy Wilson was my second concert, for my 13th birthday. I asked for both
3. I don't drink coffee. My mug on the anchor desk is filled with room-temperature water
4. I collect neckties. It makes sense for the job. I own more than 300 of them
5. In 2007, I underwent laparoscopic gastric banding. I've lost more than 130 pounds
6. I've donated more than 100 suits, blazers, shirts, etc. to Suited for Success, a Florida- based non-profit that helps men re-enter the workforce after being released from prison
7. In 2001, I was a contestant on the college edition of Wheel of Fortune. I won $2, 300
8. Every year, my friends and I eat my birthday cake with our hands. It started as a goofy idea in college and it stuck
9. I collect and frame currency from every country I visit. I'm up to 20, now. The Kenyan Schilling is my favorite
10. I was a mall Easter bunny on spring break one year during high school. I earned $78 a day
Connect with Victor!