February 10th, 2014

Actor Jason Patric Fights Restraining Order in Tense Custody Battle

Actor Jason Patric has been fighting for custody of his 4-year-old son Gus for nearly a year.

His ex-girlfriend, Danielle Schreiber, is now filing a restraining order that would ban Patric from saying Gus' name or showing his face anywhere in public or in private without her permission, CNN's Chris Cuomo reports.

The ruling would impact "Stand up for Gus" – Patric's organization that aims to help other unmarried dads in similar custody battles. Though the actor says everything he's done has been for his son – whom he longs to be reunited with.

"She wants to take away my constitutional, First Amendment rights," Patric said, adding that if she is successful, everyone's right to freedom of speech is endangered.

Thanks to a loophole in California's law on sperm donors, a man whose sperm is used by a fertility clinic must have agreed in writing to their plans to co-parent. Otherwise, he is not considered the natural father.

Patric says he and his ex-girlfriend, Danielle Schreiber, tried to have a baby together for years before eventually getting pregnant through in-vitro fertilization using Patric's sperm. But Schreiber says she was always supposed to be the sole parent.

Posted by
Filed under: Interview • News • Videos
  1. Connie

I love Jason Patrick, anyone who reads this story can deeply feel the love he has for his son. Danielle grow up and let that little boy be apart of his dads life. It's the right thing to do. Your in my prayers Patrick. Sincerely, Connie ..... Huge fan!!!😍🐭

October 12, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Reply
  2. NameApril Earle

My sons name is Elias. He will be three in August. His father and I were not involved in a relationship when Elias was conceived. Elias was born with Pierre roban sequence. On August 27,2011 Elias was taken to the hospital. He had a high fever and was dehydrated. So dehydrated that they could not squeeze a drop of fluid any attempts. His father did not show up for his birth. He did not sign the birth certificate. I begged him to please come. I had just had a c section and they would not allow me to be medi flighted with Elias. I wasnt allowed to drive. I had to make the choice to have him taken be ambulance. I was able to ride along. We were at Valley Children's Hospital for 2 weeks. I gave Jesse the information so he could call, check in, come help. After a few days I was confronted by a nurse who saw bandages from my stomache in the trash. She said you have to go take care of yourself. I had no choice but to travel to another hospital. I informed Jesse I was leaving the hospital. To please come. He never showed up. Pastors from churches came to pray for my baby people i had never met. The doctors decided elias needed a pic line. An internal iv from his ancle to his belly button. Every time I would call Jesse he would say "I'm sleeping." We desperately needed him mentally, physically, and emotionally. After our horrifying experience Elias came home used a pidgion bottle and began to thrive. Elias had a 8 hour operation on August 9 2012. His moth was reconstructed. I have taken him to Stanford hospital for medical care. Jesse never attended. Jesse needed to attend a genetics test to disqualify Elias from having any other syndromes. Medical expences piled up. After having my car stolen my father stepped in. He helped me make sure Elias got to his appointments. With 7 hours on the road my father and I had plenty of time to talk. I felt how much my father loved us and started thinking I wished Elias had a father who would love him. Money isnt love but it helps so i decided to appy for child support. Elias was 15 months when he started recieving payments. Jesse has only seen Elias twice since birth. Basically he has not seen him for more than 30 minutes. One time i saw Jesse playing basketball and stoped so he could see how big Elias was. Jesse seemed to be interested and started calling me to meet at the park. We would go but Jesse never did. When the hospital contacted Jesse for the genetics test he blocked me from his number. Once he had his income tax garnished i started recieving calls saying " if im paying $280 a month for child support im going to get custody of my son. He applied for a modification. I went to court explaining to the judge that Elias needs the money. Jesse got his wish and got it lowered to $80 a month. Then my worst night mere. Jesse asked to go to mediation. He admitted that he was absent. I wanted them to look at penal code 270.Child abandonment. This man was not a man. He was not a father. Elias has met the mail man more times than Jesse. I experienced alot of stress. I would think with all of the evidence that was brought up, and all of the documentation I kept the judge would trus my instinct. I could careless about my stress, my pain, or my feelings. I fear the day i my be forced to buckle my child into a car with Jesse who was having himself a birthday party while his son was having a operation. Or was sleeping while his newborn son was suffering. I can call him alot of things but I dont want Elias calling him dad. Child support was his motivation. Not his childs well being. Despite all of the effort i have put into this. All of the medical records. I made a calendar of eveything Jesse missed out on. I was nice to Jesse I tried to include him. I dont want to punish him but there should be a consequence. I beleive he should wait until Elias asks. On the child support papers it stated "the following issues can not be heard in state court child costody or child visitation or determinations. I was confident Elias would get more. Now he gets way less. Now I have to pay for Jesse to get supervised visits. At least that it. I think this was done illegally. No court papeps even filed for custody. I dont agree. I need legal help. Someone bigger than Merced. Please help Elias. He deserves better. I dont want my boy suffering. I do have sole custody 100% for now.i need legal help. What Jesse has done is my eyes is abandonment. I don't ever want Elias to see, know, or hear about this He is loved by his family.

May 9, 2014 at 5:55 am | Reply
  3. maud Taylor Morris

I havent seen my kids more than twice in 2 1/2 years due to PAS. Its a very serious thing and i tihnk should be considered a felony. The cruelty is equivalent to the most serious crimes. I was a perfect parent who took perfect care of the most beautful kids who were thriving in all ctegories of life. Now they are all overweight ( 9, 10 & 11) its soo sad. Its so sad i cant even write about it. The Stamford, CT Family Court is under huge attack. Please contact me it you need a real story. honestmt@hotmail.com, 203.505.7840. I would like to help this cause in an authentic way. I so empathize with your story, i have cried in two of them..

April 12, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  4. Christina

The Family Code section 7212 Paternity and Competing Presumptions would not pertain to this...sorry

April 10, 2014 at 12:51 am | Reply
  5. Christina

Family Code section 7212, Family Code section 7601, 2014 Legislative Changes and Amendments to the CA Family Code. maybe this will help.

April 10, 2014 at 12:13 am | Reply
  6. Avril yang

Being I had 2 teens before,I met a man who wanted a child we married and I began grueling procedures to have a child for him 51/2 years and 7 cycles later pregnant my name on birth certificate,the father then used tactics while I was postpartum to throw me out the house and keep the child as his own,,,like a piece of furniture,,,being he worked for Enron and I was to weak to continue hairstylist,he prompted me to be stay at home mom and wife WELL he lied ,I was abused and dragged down the hall and he's trying to push me out the door without baby,Reproductive technologies are not regulated and you can by the court system he sure did,my problem was Lupron made me I'll and the procedures were traumatizing the sheriffs I called during a long period of incedants,my familey Jehovah's witnesses turned their back on me when I married roger,So I was all own ,the baby was 10 months old and he lied and tricked me for. His friend ed to take child down to l.a. For 3 days..to naomi and ray's house in cerritos also out to Las Vegas to his parents my calls fell on deaf ears,my mourning my baby and being abused mentally and physically was in humane his female cousin Alana stood in as wife and mother very orchestrated,I was used and in 2003 2004,I petitioned the court,he bought justice for 150,000 dollars, my 5,000 to a lawyer was as useful as a 1 dollar bill,you can't fight energy regulators ,so all my physical hours to conceive this miracle baby,end up less then 25 cents an hour of human toil.Since he calls me an f-#in surrogate 3rd party reproduction is a slippery slope,I started before our being married and picking out the new home,,,after lies promises lies I found myself living in my car where roger and Alana put a pillow and blaket ,,,,homeless till I was cohersed to sighn. My parental rights away,,,his lawyer said withhold wife's share till she signs baby over,,,,He lied about the houe
    Se having my name on it and I got so abused by them I got from divorce 44,000 and and kicked to the curb,You cannot make comments on this matter till YOU YOURSELF HAVE WALKED The same path,,,,and breeding children egg doners sperm donated children will have their say when they grow up it's their civil rights,science is using instruments and very powerful drugs to achieve a viable pregnancy..it not to be compared to a romp between the sheets,It needs to be given the highest regarded of when this boy Gus grows up,your gonna have an angry young man....my mother kept me from my father cut his picture out tooo so no argument with me,I have been thru child abduction as child and all the crap that goes with dis funtion when I finally met my father I asked him why did you give up?.. So I am a mommy hear me roar,Gusses mother is very immature thinking this has no affect on her son Gus,I never visited my father again idiot,my mother had no right to keep me from my father that was my choice later and my mom can grow old alone,,,she was the abuser,I will not back down till I die Jason patric I'm with you on this one,if you smart pants need to be educated on reproductive technologies sperm doners,the children from this process they are voicing their views,and eggsploitation and breeders ,look up center for Ethics and culture....San Ramon calif ,these are my own words I stand by them,,,,if they could audit familey court in northern calif, you would really be shocked at the broken down familey court system,more drama more money,they don't give a rats butt for rules of the law, Don't mess with the kids ,we do grow up I'm living proof of a tug of war You go Jason patric

April 2, 2014 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  7. Gm

Could someone tell me how I can contact Mr. Patric

February 28, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hello,
      You'll want to search the Internet for contact information. CNN's privacy rules prevent us from sharing any contact data of our guests.

Happy #NewDay!
      Lola / CNN VCM

February 28, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Reply
  8. Nessy

I don't think we should jump to conclusions with this. Everyone has heard the oppose story where the sperm donor has to pay child support even though he didn't intend to be a father to the child. Before we get into these situations we should find out our rights. I feel sorry for Jason Patric but he had the financial ability to contact a lawyer before starting this. We have to be very careful. No one wants to get married anymore but marriage provides protection for everyone's rights.

February 19, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  9. abena

i certainly hope for a positive outcome for Mr. Patric. Men do get the short, blunt end of the stick in so many of these custody issues. Some women only want to take care of business, have a baby and start collecting the dollars – that's it. And men who want to be good fathers are left out in the cold. Men have paternal instincts – just as deep and binding as a woman's maternal instincts. if he is a decent man, why would anyone not one their child to have a father in his life? no one should let their feelings about a dead romance interfere with what may be a life changing relationship for their child. All the best to Mr. Patric – i hope he wins for himself, his son and a lot of other decent men caught up in the same foolishness..

February 17, 2014 at 9:16 am | Reply
  10. In Reponse to Pam

Pam, your post is hysterically funny.

Barack Obama did not author, propose, pass, or ratify a state paternity law.

In fact, Barack Obama couldn't; besides the obvious that legislation falls to Congress, even then your comments are not saved. Just a quick refresher of grade school government class:

1) The federal government is one of limited power (see the Tenth Amendment).

2) Respective state governments actually can set their own laws that do not infringe upon areas of federal law.

3) Paternity is a matter controlled by state law.

4) Therefore, states regulate who can (and cannot) be recognized as a legal father.

You may not like the President, you may not like Congress, but no matter how much you don't like them, you really cannot pin this one on them. Not every law (or lack thereof) or tax (or lack thereof) or any other governmental action is attributable to the President, Congress, or even the Federal Government. That is sort of the beauty of the United States; the states (via the Tenth Amendment) actually have the power - notwithstanding who is the President or who sits in Congress - to set all sorts of laws.

February 13, 2014 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  11. vingtsunguy

So many deadbeat parents out there, and this woman is trying to keep a caring father away from her child? I don't get her reasoning at all. As a father, I've always thought that the more people who genuinely care and love my children the better – it takes a village. But to keep them from their mother, or even speak against her, is unthinkable.

February 12, 2014 at 6:04 pm | Reply
  12. Bill

How can a woman like this show her face in public . No matter what she does or how twisted this messed up family court is, Gus will have a huge trail of love to follow left by his brave father. I applaud you Mr Patric for never giving up, and for helping others at your lowest point.

February 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  13. Leslie

I thought she already got a restraining order. http://blog.wenn.com/all-news/jason-patrics-ex-girlfriend-granted-restraining-order-against-him/

February 11, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Reply
  14. sung dude

I'm a father... I didn't post to say something insightful, just express that I would be in sheer hell without my kids. They are literally the best thing that's ever happened to me, and my heart goes out to Mr. Patric. My one thought is that when the boy is an adult, his mother can no longer stand in the way. Hopefully it won't take that long.

February 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Reply
  15. Cyn

This is crazy. A father wants to see his son! He wants to be part of his childs life and care for him. Its evident that Danielle is not thinking like a parent or a mother. A real mother would never do this do her child. She is selfish and not thinking like human being. God Bless GUS!

February 10, 2014 at 11:45 pm | Reply
    • Pam

It's completely possible that society has gotten in all wrong. Perhaps the removal of fathers from the lives of children is the biggest problem plaguing our society right now. I see so much splattered across the news and social media about woman's rights, gay rights, immigration reform, rape culture, the right to bear arms and I could go on and on.
      I will say these are plausible causes. Everyone deserves their fair share of freedoms and rights. I commend them all for standing up for what they believe in. I commend the news outlets for bringing these causes to light, but what about fathers rights? More importantly what about the rights of our children to have a father in their lives? I am saddened its not a bigger news story.
      I get that people like Oprah Winfrey get on their pulpit and denounce men for not stepping up to be fathers to their children, but where is Oprah when the men who want to be fathers are disallowed by a corrupt system biased against men? If she was truly concerned about "fatherless sons" then why not start with the fathers that want to be in their lives and are given 1 day a week with their children? Oprah, for lack of a better term you are hypocrite.
      Anderson Cooper will run to every corner of the earth to cover a natural disaster, but what about the national disaster going on in our country and in our courtrooms? Is it not a cause worth fighting for if you cannot be standing next to a starving Haitian kid after a hurricane destroyed his family and his life? Anderson, are you not aware America's children are being destroyed by a storm of injustice? This storm is called family courts. Why not put your rain slicker on and stand outside family courts and men's lives are ruined, trials held against humans whom are not even being charged with actual crimes and punishments being doled out so severe that many men eat a bullet to end the agony after their once normal lives are relegated to sleeping on their sister's couch and being sent to jail for being unable to pay child support. Child support to a woman who won't even allow him to see his own children. A woman who somehow is given all power and gives no mercy.
      Barack Obama will tell black men to step up and be fathers to their children. The ultimate slap in the face to black men in America. How many black men will we need to see being incredible fathers to their children before people stop putting this stigma and stereotype upon them. It was never a problem of black men being their for their children but a bigger problem of decades of brainwashing making people believe the black woman could be the patriarch of the family and everything would work out just fine. The false belief that a woman as head of household with no male influence has led to a nation of prisoners, drug addicts, pimps, prostitutes, drug dealers, gang bangers and murderers. I say this not against black women who have been forced to lead and carry families on their backs but against the notion that any family should be lacking of a father figure. I spent 12 years working in the roughest neighborhoods in Philadelphia, I can say without a shadow of a doubt the removal of fathers from the lives of children creates obnoxious, law breaking, disrespectful, unintelligent and ignorant humans. They will be black, white, Asian and any other race you can think of. It was never about race. Removing any father from the lives of children will have grave consequences. One could argue that removing fathers from the lives of children in low income, high crime and poorly educated populations would be the worst possible thing we could do to those children. Making it seem ok for a woman to be head of any household lacking a father and expecting those children to excel against all odds is a recipe for disaster.
      So Barack Obama, you say men need to step up and be there for their children but the laws still make us weekend dads. The laws still force us to pay astronomical amounts of child support and threaten us with jail for non payment. The laws still reward false restraining orders and false allegations of abuse. What is Barack Obama doing to help children across the country have fathers in their lives? Nothing. Not a damn thing.
      Our children are being raised to think its normal to only see daddy once a week. Maybe that's all part of a bigger plan to erode the families in this country and have more people tied up in our justice system. Our children, my children and your children will have a choice to make as they get older. When my son comes to me and asks me about women or marriage or his wanting a family one day what can I tell him? I'll have to tell him that getting married and having a family will be the greatest risk he will ever take. I will tell him he could end up penniless, broken, without a family, homeless and possibly in jail. I will tell him he can be put on trial without ever being charged with a crime and the resulting punishment will be worse than years spent in a prison. I will tell him the accusation is the evidence. I will tell him society largely believes men are womanizers, wife beaters and rapists. I will also tell him women can and do rape, sometimes they even allow other men to rape their children. I will tell him women abuse men as much as men abuse women. I will tell him there are still amazing women out there, just be sure you pick the right one to live out your days with.
      I will tell him the greatest task he will ever undertake is to be a father. I will tell him I'm glad I never gave up on being his father even though the system was set up to keep us apart. I will tell him that I love him and that nothing in his life will ever feel quite like the love between a father and his child. I will tell him I came from a family, a good family that would never attempt to keep a father from his child. I'll tell him I'm grateful for that. Fatherless America is learned behavior.

#Fathersrights

Joe Makem, The Fathers Rights Movement, 408-603-9778
      Pam Deal, 630-209-7588

February 12, 2014 at 9:50 am | Reply
      • putt230

In almost every realm of American society, men have the upper hand. This is the one realm where women generally control the shots. In my experience, some mothers have the maturity and insight to decide what is best for their children. In some instances, this may mean sharing custody. However, divorces happen for a reason.... and sometimes that reason is that the father is abusive.

In contrast, sometimes the mothers prioritize revenge and spite above the welfare of their child. They take pleasure in using the one trump card that they have in the broken relationship. In some instances, the father may have done something horrible, which is easy to fathom. Unfortunately, this power of "alienation" is used preferentially by unreasonable and "crazy" mothers.

I'm not sure that the laws will change anytime soon. What can we do now?
        1) Guys, don't marry f$%*ing crazy women. You can't say that there were no signs of craziness before the wedding day.
        2) Guys, you have to respect the fact that women continue to carry this trump card-and if things get nasty in the marriage/relationship, you need to anticipate that THEY WILL USE THIS TRUMP CARD. If you prioritize having your kids in your regular life, you need to act like it in the way you interact with the mother. Even if the mother finds a new guy or does something crazy, I believe that most mothers will happily allow the ex-husband to be in the kid's lives if they treat the woman with respect and kindness (even if the b%&*ches don't deserve it).

February 13, 2014 at 11:37 am |
  16. Rachel

A very good point that was made this morning is that parental alienation is the same as child abuse. That no one talks about it today, just as no one talked about domestic violence 40 years ago. I am a true feminist, but saying that is also recognizing that you have to acknowledge and respect others around you. To be respected is to show respect. If Danielle's intent was to be a single mother then she must have some sort of feminist ideal. She is showing no respect towards her son, and taking Jason Patric away from their child after the years of co-parenting is neglectful, cruel and most importantly abusive. In the world we live in every child that has the chance for two parents deserves nothing less. It doesn't matter the personal relationship between the parents. I hope Danielle can start to think about her son and can put her personal feelings aside.

February 10, 2014 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  17. Erik

For fathers who are looking for help on how to strengthen your custody case, accurately show the Family Court your commitment as a father, and navigate a custody battle in the most cost-effective way, I suggest reading the newly published custody guide book, Evidence Strategies for Child Custody at http://custodysimplified.com/evidence-strategies-child-custody/

February 10, 2014 at 10:35 pm | Reply
  18. Rachel

A very good point that was made this morning is that parental alienation is the same as child abuse. That no one talks about it today, just as no one talked about domestic violence 40 years ago. I am a true feminist, but in saying that is to responsibly recognizing how you have to acknowledge and respect others around you. To be respected is to show respect. Danielle Schreiber is showing no respect towards her son, and taking Jason Patric away from their child after the years of co-parenting is neglectful, cruel and most importantly abusive. I hope she thinks about her son and can put her personal feelings aside.

February 10, 2014 at 9:32 pm | Reply
  19. april25.org

Mothers (and fathers) who use their children to get back at the other parent are inherently unfit to be a parent much less a custodial one who is left calling all the shots. We are beyond the debate if parental alienation is real or not. It is happening too often and our courts do little to stop it and even encourage this behavior by rewarding it. Too often the parent who seems to have the least best interest of the child in mind is left as the sole custodian. We know parents do this to their own children. IN the last few months the awareness on this issue has grown exponentially thanks to people like Jason Patric who speak out even at the risk of their cries for help being used against them in our family courts. The silver lining surrounding the thousands of alienated parents and the children who suffer is that change is finally coming. Thank you Jason Patric.

February 10, 2014 at 8:10 pm | Reply
  20. Hallie

To deny a kid the right to see his dad, a dad that was obviiously involved financially and on a day to day basis, is terrible! What is wrong with Danielle Schreiber? Sounds like she is a woman scorned and now Gus is losing a loving father because of her selfishness.

February 10, 2014 at 8:04 pm | Reply
  21. Thomas Calabrase

I am not a Father. A child is in the middle of this and one parent is to blame and it is not Jason. If I were a Father I would not allow anyone to deny my right to say or write my child's name.

February 10, 2014 at 8:03 pm | Reply
  22. Dave

What's next, he's not allowed to THINK about his son? This is insane and can't be Constitutional. But the bottom line is this law, while probably well-intentioned when it was written, is deeply flawed and it's being used now, not as it was intended, but as a club to hurt Mr. Patric and his son. I mean, what kind of mother will deprive their child of his loving father?

February 10, 2014 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  23. Renee

Its a shame that it has gotten to this point, shame on her. Our heart goes out to you Jason!

February 10, 2014 at 7:20 pm | Reply
  24. Scott

Very sad story. Every child has a right to know their parents. Here we have a case where both parents want to be involved in the child's life and one parent is allow to deny the other. Talk about parental alienation – crazy that this is still allowed to happen with no regards at all to what is best for the child "Gus."
    A big Thank you to Mr. Patric for fighting the good fight and starting "Stand Up for Gus."

February 10, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  25. Mary

I wish I could say this is the worst story I have ever heard, unfortunately, having a husband who has fought for his kids from another marriage for five years has given me painful insight. His ex is a scorned bitter woman, and also supported by her family. It sounds like the Schreiber father has an ax to grind as well. How could a father, deny the right of another father? Very sick. But then, thats what my husbands ex family has done as well. No concern for the well being of the child. Just angry tools are all the children have become. Families who think children are possessions, should lose those rights. I pray for you Jason, as broken as the courts are, and as shameful as alienators like the Schreibers and others like them are, your son, and remember, HE IS YOUR SON, will know what you have done for him, and all the others like us who have no voice. God bless, Gus is coming home.

February 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm | Reply
  26. Sandy

In other interviews he clearly states that he was not committed to fatherhood at all, that he was "just trying it out". Obviously, the mother knows him better than you'all do. She was the committed one from the beginning. I think she is doing what is right for her child. You don't just "try out" parenthood to see if you'll like it or not. Children can't be put into the garage with your sports cars when you get tired of playing "dada".

February 10, 2014 at 4:42 pm | Reply
    • Jeff Barone

I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't seen my daughter in three years, and like Jason , was alienated by a rich family. I have been following Mr Patric and his plight. I have seen every interview the guy has done, and NEVER once did he say he was "trying out" parenthood. He has all the documents to prove it, just as I did with my little Sharon. Pictures from all those years, and most damning, that witch like mother teaching Gus who his father was by pointing to a magazine. To have a child know and love a parent, and then to rip a mom or dad away is child abuse. I will keep fighting, and Mr Patric thank you for holding our banner.

February 11, 2014 at 12:19 pm | Reply
    • sung dude

Nice try, Danielle.

February 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm | Reply
  27. carla

what is wrong with a person that they would not let the father who wants to be father see their child....that is child abuse and she should loose all right to raising that child to hate the father

February 10, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  28. C.L.

This is a travesty. Many father's (including my own) won't bother with their children, yet here is a guy here who has been involved from the very start, and he isn't being allowed to? America: Step up on equality, it isn't just for women's benefits. A child shouldn't have to deal with their scorned mother taking away their father, vice versa. For those who will start to criticize me, this is coming from a woman. Gus and Jason are in my prayers, and hopefully, Ms. Schreiber won't win this one. If she does, it'll have a consequence on everyone, not just her poor son and his father.

February 10, 2014 at 2:15 pm | Reply
  29. Lily Newstadter

Is he paying child support?

February 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Reply
    • babno

He's been trying to pay child support as he has in the past (wasn't officially CS but he paid for pre-school and other things). However the mothers argument is that he is a sperm donor (who are not obligated to pay CS) and thus accepting some, while good for Gus, would hurt her legal standing in seeking to continue denying the child and his father from seeing each other.

February 10, 2014 at 4:49 pm | Reply
    • Hallie

He wants to pay child support and was paying for a substantial part of Gus' expenses for the first 3 years of Gus' life, but now the judge will not even agree to hear Jason's case because he is simply regarded as a sperm donor. He has not been able to even present in court all the documents (like paying for his school), checks, photos, videotape etc) that show he was involved in Gus' life because of this law gives no parental say to a sperm donor who has a relationship with the mother but his not married to her. Even though he acted as a dad for years until they broke up and she got mad at him.

February 10, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  30. Ed

I was alienated as a child and still bear the scars. Thank God for Jason Patric and his fight I pray for you and Gus, and hope people like the Schreibers are exposed for the abusers they are. This is an epidemic in our society.

February 10, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  31. Ann Howe

Jason, We would love for you to join our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/197329630311585/?ref=br_tf WE support father's rights re : children,. An awesome attorney is a member whom you will recognize. TY

February 10, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Reply
  32. Georgia

What the hell? This woman is crazy! Not just crazy, but just plain malicious. I feel so bad for the kid involved in this... Hopefully Gus will be reunited with his Daddy, who obviously has GUS' best interests at heart.

February 10, 2014 at 11:59 am | Reply