September 10th, 2013

Lee: 'I Just Wanted My Pregnancy'

A Florida man has pleaded guilty to tricking his pregnant girlfriend into taking an abortion pill where she later miscarried.

Now Remee Lee speaks about the tragedy and her new reality without the baby to CNN's Chris Cuomo.

“Nothing else matters in this world to me. Everything I thought was important before, it just took a really big change when this blessing came into my life and I thought it was just a new life for me, and now it, there’s no words to just the horror I wake up to every day. That this is my reality. There’s no escaping it, there’s no turning it off.”

When asked if she'd like to have contact with the man who sabotaged her, Lee says, "I always wanted there to be. This isn’t what I wanted, none of this is what I wanted. I just wanted my pregnancy. Even if he would have left me alone and never seen me again or seen the child, I just wanted that, that’s it.”

SEE FULL EMOTIONAL INTERVIEW

As Lee's ex-boyfriend, John Andrew Welden, walked out of court Monday a double-convicted felon, her lawyer, Gil Sanchez said, "Nothing is ever going to bring back what was taken from her, no matter what the outcome, whether this had gone to trial or not."

The bizarre story unfolded earlier this year.  Lee was elated to be pregnant, but says Welden, the father, begged her not to have the baby.

In an elaborate plan, Weldon convinced Lee that she had been diagnosed with a bacterial infection by his father, an obstetrician.  Welden said his dad had prescribed her the antibiotic Amoxicillin.

In reality, Weldon stole his father's prescription pad to obtain Cytotec, the abortion pill, and disguised it as the antibiotic. He even forged a phony label.

Lee was baffled and devastated when she eventually discovered she lost the baby due to this pill.

SEE FULL REPORT:

Originally charged with first-degree murder, Welden faced a possible life sentence, but as part of a plea deal, he was convicted of two lesser charges: product tampering and conspiracy to commit fraud. Welden could serve up to 15 years in prison.

Posted by
Filed under: Interview • News • Videos
  1. AbortionProphecy.wordpress.com

Bravo. A great interview by Cuomo.

September 15, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Reply
  2. VB

Why is it ok for a woman to abort a child without the consent of the father. He's not malicious. He just did not want to be trapped in a relationship for the rest of his life, which would have been the case if she kept the baby. He's a young man who was scared and want thinking rationally. I've lost two babies in my lifetime. It was hard for us since I was much future along into the pregnancy. She'll get over it. Not like she had planned to have the baby...or did she. From what I've heard and seen, shes not an innocent girl. She knew exactly what she was doing. She could have used birth control or condoms. They weren't married. I've had the pleasure of meeting Andrew on several occasions. He is actually a very nice young man. Not at all the person the media has made him out to be.

September 12, 2013 at 9:11 am | Reply
  3. willowlane

Well, from what I've read, she went out with the guy for almost a year. So, she has a steady relationship with this douchebag, gets pregnant and wants to keep her kid. She never mentions TRYING to get pregnant, she said she always dreamed of being a mom and wanted kids in the FUTURE. She also said she didn't want anything from him and just to go and sign off on the kid. I didn't hear her say anything about money. HE told her, HE was a DOCTOR. She doesn't seem crazy to me, she was WRONGED though. At least she had the BALLS to call the cops. A crime was committed against her. It's HER body and HER CHOICE!

September 11, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  4. Durskin

Mary I think it is worse to bring a child into the world so you can extract money from a doctor.

September 11, 2013 at 4:53 am | Reply
    • willowlane

When did she say that she wanted to extract money from a doctor? I didn't hear anything like that on here. She said the guy told her HE is a doctor and that his father is a doctor. She said she went to the hospital and the DOCTOR there, at the hospital, told her that the baby was no more. What doctor is she extracting money from?

September 11, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Reply
  5. Realitystinks

Wow. He stole his dads prescription pad, camouflaged the pill and conned her into taking it. Wouldn't it be easier and legal to use a condom.

September 10, 2013 at 11:29 pm | Reply
  6. Scott

After watching the interview, this woman is SICK and has no business with a child. She will undoubtedly be pushing out a new rugrat as soon as she gets sick of the first.

September 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Reply
    • willowlane

What are you talking about???

September 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  7. Steve

Just another reason why abortion should be declared unconstitutional as violative of the Equal Protection Clause. In the typical case (this is more of a "man bites dog" situation), the male has no say whether the child lives or dies. If he wants it aborted and the female does not, the male still has a support obligation. In the alternative, if the male wants the child and the female does not – too bad, buddy. If two people cause the situation, then they should be equally responsible for the result. How is any other result true to the Equal Protection Clause?

September 10, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Reply
  8. InfinitusMax

I often wondered what it's like to live in a world of unicorns and rainbows, and this story brings it into focus.

September 10, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Reply
    • willowlane

Unicorns?! Rainbows?! WHERE???!!!

September 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  9. Vladimir

HAIL to the boyfriend! For doing this trick. It's better to spend a couple years in prison than letting this skank to imprison him to next 18 years of payments for baby he didn't want! She tricked him and he tricked her back! Not feeling sorry for women like her!

September 10, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Reply
    • Stacy

You are disgusting. Men and women need to take responsibility for their own contraception – period! If he was that concerned about having kids then HE should have abstained from sex or perhaps had a vasectomy to ensure he wouldn't impregnate someone.

September 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Reply
      • Vladimir

Oh really??? So if she was te one who gets pregnant, Why wasn't she making sure that she is using one of the 12 forms of female birth controls available to her? And if she was not using one, why didn't she make sure that a condom is used if she didn't want to get pregnant???? She had consensual sex with this guy, knowing that she is not using any female birth control, knowing that condom is not present and that she is around the time of her month when she can get pregnant! It's clear to me and many what this woman wanted! I'm very proud of this man for what he has done! More men should be like him!

September 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
      • Vladimir

And by the way, her statement which is the title of this article speaks VERY CLEAR about her intentions. Getting pregnant by this guy, entrapping him, and I'm sure soon after ongoing payments of child support for at least next 18 YEARS!!!! What deceiving...!

September 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • willowlane

What if it happened to your sister or daughter? Hmmm...

September 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  10. Prune

Stupidity on both parts....first off he should not of had sex with someone who dreamed of having his baby if he wanted nothing to do with kids...on her part she tried to trap a man in to a relationship with a child and it ended BADLY.

September 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Reply
    • davisneilp

yea what's up with these people that start a relationship on the pill then go off the pill without telling the guy. That's pretty ****** up. It happened to me. I have a $800/mo payment for 6 more years because of that crap.
      Ok wear a condom, I get it but really? If you are 3 years into a monogamous relationship and it's known that the woman is on the pill, if that status changes, the guy should be told, _immediately_ so he knows that he needs to do something. If you want kids and I don't, break up with me, don't screw me.

I have no problem being the one that uses birth control in a relationship,l but I have to freaking know it's on me when it becomes that way.

September 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Reply
      • NC

@Davis:
        You can't trust anyone. The only way is to use protection yourself.

September 10, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
  11. ugg

anyone see her dui mugshot? two scummy people

September 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Reply
    • willowlane

Lots of people have DUIs. For all we know, you may have one too. It doesn't make her a bad person. People make mistakes in life. A DUI in 2005, wow, yeah, she's really bad...

September 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  12. Al

Oh so this is how dads of babies aborted by their mothers feel...

September 10, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Reply
  13. chris

I think it's pretty funny...good for him A+ for creativity... chaulk one up for guys...

September 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Reply
    • willowlane

Yeah, what if it happened to your sister or cousin or daughter, etc. How funny would that be? HA, HA, HA...

September 11, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Reply
  14. Frank West

He was just exercising his right to have an abortion, right ladies?

September 10, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Reply
  15. JQP1122

Lay down with dogs. Double convicted felon, she should have chosen a better man to lay with.

I like the legal outcome though. I can't see how they could charge him for murder if the fetus was eligible to be aborted therefore not alive in the first. But to get him for product tampering and fraud, that's cool.

September 10, 2013 at 11:49 am | Reply
    • janessadawn

While I agree with your sentiments, he wasn't a felon when they were together. He "walked out of court Monday a double-convicted felon,," meaning his guilty plea has turned him into one.

September 10, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Reply
  16. Consistency of Law

So because the mother made a choice of WANTING the baby, it is classified as a human killing another human: murder.

This seems to deeply infer that life is subjective to the whims of the woman carrying the child, not to a concrete definition of what life is or when it begins. In short, life is currently a subjective calculation based upon choices. Consider the alternative however. Had this woman chosen to abort it through a medical doctor, this would not have even made the news. The courts say a baby dead in the womb is effectively only a crime based upon what the mother wanted to do with the child. Consider that if the woman had taken the pill, miscarried and said nothing, would this still be viewed as a murder trial? Let THAT sink in.

Its absolutely absurd.

September 10, 2013 at 11:38 am | Reply
    • NC

Totally agree with you @ Consistency of law !
      What about the father's rights? Doesn't that matter? Women should not force a man to be a dad if he doesn't want to be. A child should be wanted by both parents, not just one.

September 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Reply
  17. kay nott

Please get the whole story. She is a stripper who tricked an innocent and all this is because she wanted his father's money. Why don't you check and see if she has had previous abortions. Chris, I know you have a law degree, can't you see that she is a phoney and not even a fairly good actress. Please have John Andrew Weldon on and find out how this really came about. Kay Nott

September 10, 2013 at 11:32 am | Reply
    • willowlane

He's sooo innocent that he goes to stripper bars? Get a life, Kay Nott, he's a 28 year old liar, baby killer...

September 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Reply
  18. f

1st deg murder

September 10, 2013 at 11:32 am | Reply
  19. double standard

This guy is a complete dirtbag. That said, if a person willfully chooses to get an abortion that is okay. If this guy does it then the charge is murder. It is either a life or it isn't. It shouldn't matter if the person wants the baby or not to change the definition of "life."

September 10, 2013 at 11:29 am | Reply
  20. stupidity pays

She should have (1) refused sex, (2) refused sex without a condom, or (3) taken her pills in the first place. This pregnancy would have never happened.

September 10, 2013 at 11:28 am | Reply
    • LCM

....and the man could've refused sex, or refused sex without a condom. Then this pregnancy would have never happened.
      Conception via traditional sex takes two to tango, buddy. Had either of them taken precautions this horrid situation would have never happened.

September 10, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Reply
    • Stacy

Contraception is just as much HIS responsibility as hers. He could have 1) abstained from sex; 2) insisted on the use of a condom; and 3) gotten a vasectomy. Many men never think about taking responsibility ... and things like this happen as a result. He has no one to blame but himself.

September 10, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  21. David

Why is it ok for a mother to murder an unborn child when she doesn't want to be a mother, but fathers have no such rights? If she didn't want the baby, and he did, would she have kept the pregnancy? I can't believe they could charge the guy with murder, even though mothers and doctors "murder" unborn babies every single day and no one even blinks. How is it murder if the "fetus" is not yet a life, as abortionists contend?

September 10, 2013 at 11:27 am | Reply
    • NC

Right on David.

September 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Reply
  22. tuliplady

Having to have a kid with someone you don't want to have one with is worse than prison. Messed up and underhanded, yes – but oh well. Lady sounded desperate – and any woman worth her salt knows that having a kid with someone who says no is a recipe for disaster, and if you are that desperate for a kid, you should give your partner walking papers and find someone who wants to have a kid with you. Or breakup – move far far away – and raise your kid without expectation of any help from Daddy. "She just wanted a baby... even without him...". Yeah – but then she will want child support. And CS sucks. Guy was a jerk, but so was she.

September 10, 2013 at 11:25 am | Reply
    • LCM

Read the full article: Lee was willing to not have any paternal support:

September 10, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Reply
      • David

LCM:
        Plenty of women who wanted to have a baby have said they did not care about child support...easy to say before the bills come due. State laws require child support, and the judge won't care that she doesn't want the money...the judge will order the father to pay, even for a baby he did not want in the first place, even if he gets no parental rights, even if he never sees the child.

September 10, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
      • NC

Sure LCM. As if one can believe her word. She can change her mind at any time. A "word" is not legal.

September 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
      • willowlane

I'm glad you caught that, b/c that's what I heard too. She didn't want anything from him. She got pregnant and wanted to keep her child.

September 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm |
    • Mary

He killed her child that she wanted. I think that is considerably worse.

September 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Reply
      • Durskin

Do you know how often women abort children a man wanted to father? This is not a crime. If women get the ultimate choice, they should have the ultimate responsibility. Men should not have no choice and all responsibility.

September 11, 2013 at 4:52 am |