"Monster Energy Drink" promises to "pack a powerful punch," but can it be fatal?
One mother claims her 19-year-old son died because he was a regular user of the popular energy drink. “New Day” anchor Kate Bolduan has the details.
“In a lawsuit filed in California, Alex Morris' mother claims her son died as a result of drinking two cans of Monster Energy Drink the day he died,” Bolduan reports, “and every day for the three years prior to his death.”
The company released a statement saying there is no link between the drink and the teen’s cause of death. But this isn't the first time the product has come under scrutiny.
Would your kids rather have a donut or a bag of almonds to snack on at school? Well, pretty soon, they won’t have a choice.
The USDA is trying to change what your child’s snack options are. And donuts are no longer going to be on the menu.
It's the first drastic overhaul of school snacks in more than 30 years.
CNN Senior Medical Correspondent Elizabeth Cohen shares the story and has the list of what’s in and what’s out when your kids go back to school.
“You can’t go to a vending machine at school starting 2014 and get a candy bar,” Cohen says. “Instead, you can get granola bars.”
Read more on CNN.com.
Need to get today's top stories on-the-go? Watch Michaela Pereira's morning minute now!