June 17th, 2013

"Morning Minute" with Michaela Pereira

Need to get today's top stories on-the-go? Watch Michaela Pereira's morning minute now!

Filed under: Headlines • Morning Minute
  1. MM

I was excited when new day was announced. I always watched good morning America but since I started leaving home earlier because of my commute – I had to stop. So when I heard Chris Cuomo was going to be on this new early morning show...next best thing. Michaela Pereira looks like an everyday American woman – everyone's smart coworker, friend, sister, etc. So I was looking forward to watching. Kate, I used to like when she worked with Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room. What could go wrong? Well I have not enjoyed the show at all because Kate Bolduan does not seem to have good chemistry working with other women. I personally find that very unattractive and hard to watch...and I am not the only one who has noticed that by the way.

August 22, 2013 at 9:06 am | Reply
  2. Ruth

Very much like the format of New Day. The mix of headlines, in-depth stories, and entertainment/fun news is well-balanced. I also love that I don't have to put up with screaming fans, or segments I don't want taking up my news time like makeup, fashion, and cooking. I think Kate and Michaela are awesome, as well as other regular contributors. They are all high-quality, well-spoken, and very likable. I want to like Chris because I like the rest of the show so much. He is well-spoken, educated, and easy on the eyes. However, he crosses the line from presenting news to inserting his apparent vast expertise, to the point of coming across as telling us what we're supposed to think and how we're supposed to interpret the news. Despite how many times he starts an interview claiming his interviewee is a better expert than he, Chris still manages to come across as arrogant at times. Some of his questions are blatantly leading with his own opinions. It can even be interpreted as condescending to the interviewee and/or the viewers. He seems to be very intelligent and an experienced lawyer, but he needs some coaching on journalism. I hope he gets better.

August 19, 2013 at 10:06 am | Reply
  3. Florida

Michaela is WONDERFUL on the show and really dominates the other two with her delivery and presence. She should be THE ANCHOR although Chris is the one everyone seems to want to watch. I wish they wouldn't keep saying "New Day" every 3rd sentence–kinda silly. Not sure about the chemistry of these 3.

July 22, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Reply
  4. Maria Sar

Watched New Day for the first time the other day. They need to be more relaxed and not force the 'buddy, buddy' tone too much. Of the three, I like Michaela Pereira. I understand her role in this show is that of a Natalie Morales in the Today show –but if this New Day is to succeed in being different and far above the rest of the Morning News/Talks shows, Pereira needs to be positioned as equal to the other two hosts. To start, she should be seated with the same visibility as the other two. The way it is right now, it seems like she is a regular or visiting contributor. It's like Chris and Kate are the favored son and daughter and Michaela is the stepchild.

I'll give New Day a few more weeks and see how the show evolves. Right now, it doesn't bring anything new to the arena of morning news shows. And please....avoid booking Nancy Grace or Jane Velez Mitchell in your show. I cannot stand those two. On e sounds she's ready to do her 'fake' cry and the other, 'screams' – like everything is breaking news all the time.

I wish the show, Good Luck!

June 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  5. marissa

Loving morning minute, it is just what i need. LA Michaela fan would follow her anywhere!

June 18, 2013 at 11:55 am | Reply
  6. Alice

Loved New Day BUT i feel there is too much going on at the bottom of the screen; with the CNN crawl, the weather and stating who/what is appearing. As a result, it is a bit frustrating not viewing more of the televised picture.

June 17, 2013 at 10:26 am | Reply
  7. J Smith

I like Chris Cuomo. I very much wanted a reason to watch New Day and quit Morning Joe (Joe is quite pompous). Instead it seems like a cross between Fox News (the young, aesthetically chosen anchorwoman, entertainment reporter and weather reporter) and Good Morning America (the bright set and interaction with an airy feel). Morning Joe has more gravitas, Good Morning America has better anchor personalities, and CBS This Morning is better at news reporting with good anchor chemistry and likeability. Unfortunately, New Day feels old and recycled. I still like Chris Cuomo and think he deserves better.

June 17, 2013 at 9:00 am | Reply
  8. evelyngoes

I am loving New Day. Awesome show, awesome chemistry, and good journalism tempered with a bit of fun.

June 17, 2013 at 8:43 am | Reply
    • TeamCNN

Thanks so much for your feedback! We love hearing from our viewers and very much appreciate the positive comments.

Hope we'll see you again Tuesday morning for another New Day!

June 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Reply
  9. Nancy Castle

Is this a Christmas in July (June) sale? What's with the red and green dresses decorating the set and there's too much Ho! Ho! Ho! Thought I was watching another network with all of the jovial, unnecessary commenting between the hosts Two thumbs down for me..

June 17, 2013 at 8:29 am | Reply
  10. John Buchner

That bat comes around much quicker today than it did in past times before steroids made the scene in professional sports. That fact accounts for why more pitchers are unable to escape injury as the ball is air mailed back in their direction off the bat. But you fans of all the professional sports in America wouldn't have it any other way. You have to have a "superman" a super duper hero who can out perform any mere "mortal man" This is America today. Land of the hero, all others need not apply.

June 17, 2013 at 8:06 am | Reply
  11. Theresa J. Smyth

GREAT NEW DAY SHOW – especially Pereira – – but – Cuoma is annoying and doesn't seem to be team player.

June 17, 2013 at 7:49 am | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hi, Theresa,
      Thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate positive and negative input, and we'll share with the producers.

You're always welcome to send input directly to CNN at http://www.cnn.com/feedback.

Have a great day!
      Lola
      CNN Viewer Communications

June 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Reply
  12. Marisabel

Love New Day and love the hosts, the 3 of them look wonderful together. Congrats to all, specially to Chris Cuomo… He is so good !!!

June 17, 2013 at 7:48 am | Reply
    • TeamCNN

Good afternoon, Marisabel!

Thanks for sharing your input about the premiere of New Day. We've very happy that you enjoyed the program with Chris Cuomo and thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Let us know what you think of tomorrow's program, too.

Have a great day!

June 17, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  13. r sanchez

this program is terrible.
    already tired of the male anchor always trying to be cute.
    appreciate a small amount of humorous banter from my news source but this is TOO MUCH!!

June 17, 2013 at 7:39 am | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Thank you for sharing your comments about Chris Cuomo. We'll be sure to pass along to the show's producers and CNN senior management.

You're always welcome to send feedback directly to CNN at http://www.cnn.com/feedback.

Have a great day!
      Lola
      CNN Viewer Communications

June 19, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  14. Joe La Rue

Ms. Pereira is the STAR – the best of the three. Thanks.

I'm afraid Cuomo will be jealous and will do whatever to be in charge of this show – and that would end my watching.

Thanks for this new show – put a harness on Cuomo in order for this to succeed.

June 17, 2013 at 7:29 am | Reply
  15. Robert

I watched the show for about an hour this morning, and I have to be honest, Michaela Pereira is probably the only good, and refreshingly new, thing about CNN's New Day. Kate Bolduan is mindless; Chris Cuomo is equally–or more severely–stupid, and I want the show to be successful ONLY because I'm a fan of Pereira. (shrugs) CNN was my go to source for early morning news. Now, I watch Morning Joe (MSNBC).

June 17, 2013 at 7:14 am | Reply
  16. Jack. Brady

Miss USA. don't tell us about mistakes that were in the interviews, show us the new Miss USA.

Jack. Connecticut

June 17, 2013 at 7:06 am | Reply
  17. Mike Dennis

7 am and so far I don't like the new line up. Too much chitter chatter. I watch CNN for 30 minutes every morning before I head to work and what I am looking for is simple unbiased reporting of the top news in the US and the world. Why do you feel like you need to change things up so often? I thought the previous format and show hosts were great. I am not interested in hearing the host's view and analysis. I would rather hear from the reporters who put together each story.

June 17, 2013 at 7:04 am | Reply
  18. Diane Kistler

Whale shark story...I think all sharks are considered mammals, not fish because they bear live young rather than laying eggs. Best wishes on your new gig.

June 17, 2013 at 7:03 am | Reply
  19. jenpop68

stop playing music in background when people are speaking – couldn't focus on what C. Roman was saying because there was music blending in with her talking....

June 17, 2013 at 7:02 am | Reply
  20. june

I watch CNN for legitimate news. This show is too much fluff. I want serious news please.

June 17, 2013 at 7:01 am | Reply
  21. Micheala Pereira

Hello from Sydney one question are You the Sister – in- low the Mark Pereira from Sydney

Jacqueline Scherer ver y close friend of Mark and aide Lindell. Baby Max

June 17, 2013 at 6:54 am | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hello,
      We checked with Michaela Pereira ahd here is her response:

No I am not related to Mark Pereira of Sydney. In fact I have no relatives there.
      But love that you noticed the last name. There seem to be Pereira's everywhere!
      Hope you are liking the show!

Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!
      Lola