Chelsea Clinton recently sat down with Michaela Pereira to talk about her efforts to inspire girls around the world to achieve their dreams in math, science, and technology fields.
"At the fourth grade level, girls, at the same percentages as boys, say they're interested in careers in engineering, or math, or astrophysics, but by 8th grade that has dropped precipitously," Clinton says.
Now, with the "responsibility gene" Clinton says she inherited from her grandmother, she's doing everything she can to change this trend. Find out how she's supporting girls' education with her involvement in the Clinton Foundation, plus hear her thoughts on being inspired by her relatives, and living up to the family name.
"New Day" starts Monday at 6 a.m. ET.
Before "New Day" starts Monday, you can find web videos featuring our show hosts and much more right here on NewDayCNN.com. In the latest in our "Before The New Day" series, Michaela Pereira talks about the "New Day" team – Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan.
"I've learned that this is a brother from another mother," says Michaela of Chris. "He is a fantastic family man...highly intelligent, very passionate."
Of Kate: "It's been a delight to see her outside the Washington political world." She also talked about the three as a team. FULL POST
Start your new day with a look at some of today's top stories:
– Colorado wildfires claim 2 lives
– More than two dozen injured after restaurant deck collapsed during Miami Heat game
– White House says Syria 'crossed the red line' with chemical weapons use
– Murdoch divorce begs the question: How will $11 billion be divided?
– Mexican-American boy responds to racist remarks after performing national anthem at NBA finals game (video)
Be sure to tune in to "New Day," starting June 17th from 6am to 9am ET.