"New Day's" Top 5 Tech/Social stories feature is a quick way to get up-to-date on technology and social media news. Check out today's stories:
1. According to a report by The Guardian, the US government obtained a court order requiring Verizon to provide telephone records to the NSA.
Why it matters: In the digital era, such practices could set precedence for more agressive, invasive procedures in the future. Read more at CNN
2. Snapchatleaked.com allows people to share private, intimate cell phone photos illicitly.
Why it matters: Snapchat can negatively impact anyone who is captured in an embarrassing or compromising photo, especially teenagers, 20-25% of whom engage in "sexting." Learn more at CNN
3. San Francisco company Whistle is launching a $100 wearable pet activity tracking device.
Why it matters: Pet activity trackers are an affordable way for owners to potentially detect their pets' health problems earlier. Read more at CNN
4. 18-year-old Justin Beckerman built a one-man submarine for $2000.
Why it matters: Beckerman is a young inventor to watch, and with countless gadgets under his belt already, he's an inspirational example to young tech inventors everywhere. Read more at CNN
5. Check out this set of 20 Someecards for Father's Day that show your dad you really do (sort of) care.
Why it matters: These hilariously honest e-cards will be a hit on Father's Day, and they're free.
Before "New Day" starts June 17, you can find web videos featuring our show hosts and much more right here on NewDayCNN.com. In the latest in our "Before The New Day" series, Chris Cuomo talks about his family – the one at home and the one on TV. "My relationships are very intense, they're very important," says Cuomo. "My wife, my kids...are everything. My responsibilities flow to them."
But he also talked about the audience – his other family. "I care about the audience very much. Sometimes too much. Sometimes it makes me more of an advocate for people than maybe I should be as a journalist, but I'm comfortable with the contradiction."
One side effect of hosting a morning show – the way it affects your schedule: