Oh and also getting ready for baby! She and her husband are also expecting their first child in October.
Here, Kate shares 10 things you didn't know about her:
1. I'm left-handed but I play all sports right-handed
2. I have a unique talent of being able to fall asleep anywhere, any time
3. I would eat cereal for every meal if allowed
4. My parents were told they were having a boy, so my room growing up was all blue with trains and teddy bears for years
5. I grew up in an apple orchard
6. I can barefoot waterski
7. I studied in Madrid, Spain where I learned to speak Spanish
8. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies (though I hear they're pretty good)
9. Ketchup goes with everything
10. My family nickname is Kway Wayne because I was obsessed as a child with Dwayne Wayne from A Different World. I even owned several pairs of flip-up sunglasses
See Kate's journey to discover her family history at CNN.com/Roots
Connect with Kate!