Indra Petersons is a weather anchor and meteorologist for CNN contributing to all programming including 'Early Start' at 5am ET and 'New Day' at 6am ET.
From earthquakes to asteroids, air turbulence to ocean currents, Indra's reporting doesn't just tell us what's happening outside, but why it's happening. It's nice having a self-proclaimed weather nerd around!
Here, Indra shares 10 things you didn't know about her:
1. Indra is the Hindu God of Weather but also just a place in Latvia. I got the second one
2. I rescued two dogs. A pit bull and a chihuahua. The chihuahua runs the house
3. I’m either a health freak or a foodie, just depends on what day of the week it is or how fun the party is
4. My dad REALLY is a brain surgeon
5. My husband is a marine sniper
6. Latvian was my first language. I speak English but I do know what you’re saying about me in Spanish
7. In my free time I’m either traveling the world or at home scrapbooking it. Adventurous or a hermit? You decide
8. I was playing the piano and skiing by age 3
9. Most of my friend’s say I’m the best guy friend they have, without the love of sports
10. You’ll know you’re in yoga with me when you hear the instructor remind the class, “some people aren’t genetically flexible,” but I bet I can do as many pull-ups as you can. Well, maybe round one
Connect with Indra!
Is severe weather happening where you are? Indra and iReport want to hear your story. Share your stories, photos and video, and we may request to feature them on 'New Day.'
Catch New Day from 6-9am ET
About the Show
Around the World
Award of the Day
Five Things to Know For Your New Day
The Good Stuff
New Day Weekend
Political Gut Check
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 409 other followers