Here, Chris shares 10 things you didn't know about him:
1. When I was a kid, I was the only one who wanted to be nothing when I grew up. Some say I succeeded
2. I am married to someone who is better on TV than I am (search online for Cristina Cuomo)
3. I am only second generation in this country. My grandparents came from two poor areas of southern Italy
4. Despite being 100% Italian, I am almost devoid of chest hair and can't grow a beard
5. I was blown up and lived thanks, to our amazing fighting men and women. (YouTube it: Cuomo hit by IED in Iraq)
6. I cry. Often. Almost always involving my kids (joy and frustration), but sometimes during movies where someone is being victimized... but then I get angry
7. I was a mistake. I am 16 years younger than my oldest sibling. I wore my sister's hand me downs up through middle school. Baby blue Levi cords taught me how to fight early and often
8. I can't sleep on my back
9. I almost quit journalism after the death of child poet Mattie Stepanek. His death was so hard for those who knew him well and I wasn't sure I could keep doing the job. But his mother and my dear friend Jeni inspired me to fight the good fight
10. I have spent time in jail...and not for work
Connect with Chris!
Chris is also very passionate about "Good Stuff" news, stories out there of people helping others, showing kindness and acting heroically in big ways and small. We are always looking to feature videos and photography that highlight the "Good Stuff" going on in your world. So help us out!
If you have #GoodStuff news, let us know!