She moved to New York last year for the launch of ‘New Day,” and for nine years before that, she was the co-host of “KTLA Morning News” in Los Angeles. We may have plucked her from the golden state, but don’t worry west coast fans, you can still see her weekdays at 8am PT!
Here, Michaela shares 10 things even her super fans might not know about her:
1. Firmly believe white chocolate is NOT chocolate
2. Snort when I laugh. It makes Indra giggle. Which in turn makes me laugh...and end up snorting again
3. Learned how to drive a snowmobile when I was about 8
4. Have worn/needed glasses/contacts since I was 7
5. Love train travel
6. Don't believe in regrets
7. LOVE foreign & classic films
8. Used to be afraid of dogs but thanks to a chow mix named Cody & a Maltese called Rocky I have seen the light
9. Was female athlete of the year my senior year in high school
10. Have performed 3 marriage ceremonies .... And one vow renewal... All for dear friends (above image is of former CNN'er Erica Hill and Dave Yount!)
Connect with Michaela!
Read Michaela's piece in "Essence" about a wonderful discovery she made while searching for her birth father.