April 9th, 2014

Husband on Kissing Congressman: ‘He Has Wrecked my Life’

The husband of the woman caught making out with Rep. Vance McAllister said the Louisiana Republican destroyed his life and marriage.

“I’m just freaking devastated by the whole deal, man. I loved my wife so much. I cannot believe this. I cannot freaking believe it. I feel like I’m going to wake up here in a minute and this is all going to be a bad nightmare,” Heath Peacock told CNN Tuesday.

On Monday, The Ouachita Citizen in West Monroe, Louisiana, published a surveillance video it says shows McAllister and his scheduler, Melissa Hixon Peacock, passionately kissing in his office last December.

Heath Peacock said he didn’t know about the episode until Melissa called him a couple hours before the news broke.

“He has wrecked my life,” Peacock, 34, said of McAllister. “We’re headed for divorce.”

Heath and Melissa Peacock have been married for six years and have a 6-year-old son.

“It was just a kiss, that was all it was, but it embarrassed me and my family,” Heath Peacock said. “This guy has turned my life upside down.”

Melissa Peacock no longer works for McAllister, Heath Peacock said.

Melissa Peacock and McAllister’s office did not return requests for comment.

McAllister, who is married with five children, issued a statement on Monday saying, “There's no doubt I've fallen short and I'm asking for forgiveness. I'm asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve.”

Heath Peacock noted that “he’s apologized to everyone in the world except me.”

McAllister was elected in a November special election to fill the vacancy left by  GOP Rep. Rodney Alexander’s resignation. McAllister campaigned as a Christian conservative – a claim Peacock disputed.

"I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said ‘I need your prayers,’ and I asked, ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’” Peacock recalled. “He broke out the religious card and he’s about the most non-religious person I know.”

McAllister also made headlines earlier this year when he invited “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson to be his guest at the President’s State of the Union address.

Posted by
Filed under: News • Videos
  1. Shannon

Really? The Congressman "wrecked your life"? Well I didn't see that wife of yours pushing the guy away. The Congressman shouldn't have kissed her but she dang sure had the opportunity to say no...which she didn't bother to do.

As for the Congressman, you haven't "fallen short" you got caught and that is the only thing you regret.

May 5, 2014 at 9:28 pm | Reply
  2. Pango-Tango

Well it takes 2 and you can forgive but you can NEVER forget and that will be eating at you no matter what you try to do. I say get rid of her, get the kid and move on. I am sure that more went on or at least it would have. We are all human and thatis the part that sucks. The way I always look at it is yeah for the moment it might be great but is it worth losing everything over just a piece of tail? The senator has no morals even though that is how he campaigned but as always we can get side lined by the what if question.

May 1, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  3. Carre

The Congressman didn't ruin the guy's life. His wife did, if it is ruined. Divorce her and get on with your life.

April 29, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Reply
  4. Greg H

Another GOP family values episode brought to your by GOP hypocrites.

April 25, 2014 at 7:28 am | Reply
  5. Sheila

Your wife wrecked your life. Was it just a kiss?

April 25, 2014 at 6:49 am | Reply
  6. Nancy

It takes 2 to tango as my mom use to say. Give credit to them both for ruining their own marriages.

April 24, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  7. Joe S

The congressman is despicable . . . no doubt about it. Resignation should be immediate. That would be consistent with values that I grew up with.

On the other hand, I was married to a wonderful woman for 50 years before losing her to a horrible cancer. We had difficulties over those years, but she was my best friend, and I could have done another 50 regardless of some times that were less than stellar. Peacock has a family – – – no . . . he apparently doesn't understand what he has, or he would take the difficult path to work hard at keeping what he has. . . . instead of just jumping out & pulling the divorce card. Such an easy, and cowardly way to ease his disappointment. Don't know all the facts, but I know what I believe in and how to work with someone that once desrved a commitment.

April 10, 2014 at 6:56 pm | Reply
    • Mega fart

She's cheating on him, c'mon. I, for one, would like to be with someone who loves me enough not to seek attention elsewhere. Plus, you can still be a great parent even if divorced.

April 18, 2014 at 8:44 am | Reply
  8. dan beaver

just another dishonest public servant ha ha there all a joke

April 10, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Reply
  9. TomR

I'm a conservative BUT, this guy is a disgrace to the senate, as are many others. I honestly doubt that there is a single Representative or Senator that is in office simply to apply existing Law and represent the people who elected them. It's all about Power and increasing their personal wealth.
    What needs to happen is for US to vote the majority of them out of office and replace them with average people with common sense.

April 9, 2014 at 11:40 am | Reply