February 7th, 2014

Biden says presidential decision will come next summer

By Kate Bolduan and Producer Lindsay Perna

Producer Elizabeth Stuart contributed to this report

Vice President Joe Biden joked this week that being able to drive his Corvette – is one good reason not to run. But, when asked to give another good reason not to run, Biden responded simply.

“I can’t.”

“There may be reasons I don't run, but there's no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run,” he said in the interview with Kate Bolduan on CNN’s “New Day.”

Biden went on to say he would make a decision “realistically, a year this summer.”

This interview took place at one stop along Biden’s campaign-style tour pushing the President’s “year of action” as set out from the State of the Union address.

The President is giving Biden six months to develop a task force to reform federal jobs training and bridge more than 10 million unemployed Americans with unfilled jobs.

“The income inequity in this country is profound.  The middle class is shrinking,” Biden said to Bolduan following an earlier event in Philadelphia focused on infrastructure and transportation efforts.

But, the focus on the middle class is being overshadowed by another daunting issue likely to follow both Democrats and Republicans leading up to midterm elections: immigration.

House Speaker Boehner said on Thursday that immigration reform is unlikely this year because his caucus doesn’t trust the President after how Obama handled the healthcare law and his recent string of executive actions. Boehner said the President has fed distrust by changing the law “on a whim,” and “telling everyone that he’s going to keep acting on his own.”

Responding to those comments, Biden told Bolduan he still thinks “we can get this done” – and that “it doesn’t take much time.”

He added that House Speaker Boehner is under “a great deal of pressure from the Right.” But that, “he'll work his way through this.”

“I think no matter what we said, it would impact the internal dynamic and politics in the Republican Caucus. We should let them figure their caucus out,” he said.

Still, a Senate-passed immigration bill is currently stalled in the House – and has been largely contested by Republicans who say border security has to be addressed before the question of legal status.

A Q&A released by Boehner’s office on Tuesday – titled “Draft Standards for Step-by-Step Immigration Reform,” writes that “the House’s approach would prohibit a special path to citizenship for those living here outside the law.”

When asked whether he would support a bill that falls short of offering a pathway to citizenship, Biden said it’s “clearly not our preference.”

“Any bill that passes out of the House has to go through a conference committee with the Senate, which passed overwhelmingly a pathway to citizenship.”

A new CNN/ORC poll released the same day as Speaker Boehner’s news conference shows American attitudes have changed on what immigration reform should look like – with 54% now supporting a pathway to citizenship to the 41% who say the focus should be on border security.

It’s a critical time for the Obama administration as their legacy issues like immigration and gun control are continually blocked in Congress. This as Democrats have become increasingly worried about how the botched roll-out of the President’s health care law will affect them in November elections.

So, does that mean the President will stay out of the races? Biden says “that's not universally true.”

“There are some places the president is considerably more popular than I am, but there's some places where I can go in and the president can't. There are some places where it makes no sense for me to go in or for the president to go in,” he said.

But, Biden says he’s “truly optimistic about this year’s races.”

“The prospects of Democrats running for Congress, incumbents in the Senate, I think we are in the best shape we can be,” he said. “On every major issue, the public agrees between 51 and 70 percent with the position taken by the president of the United States and the Democratic Party.”

Midterms are likely to be the focal point of next week’s House Democratic retreat where the President and Vice President will be headline speakers.

So, where does this all leave Biden should he jump into his own election in a little over a year?

Far behind front-runner Hillary Clinton.

A recent Washington Post/ABC poll has the Vice President at a distant second to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – who voters chose 73% to his 12%.

“That doesn't mean I'm the only guy that can do it,” he said. “But if no one else, I think, can, and I think I can, then I'd run. If I don't, I won't.”

1. comeblowyourhorn

Biden would be far superior to Horrible Hillary. If she and her sort of husband ever manage to screw the American people and get back in the WQH we will surely go down the Toilet !!!

February 8, 2014 at 10:08 am | Reply
  2. Steven P Mitchell

While America and the World have had a serious shortage of dynamic political candidates with the passion and political platform for the last 30-40 years that would engender the Globe to blossom rather than atrophy, Joe Biden as a torch-bearer for his brand of issues, would also never be considered a departure from the parade that has already occurred. No one since Bretton Woods has had a workable, sustainable plan for the Post-War World War II world and that lasted until the early 1960s. John F. Kennedy developed the concept of globalization with some featurability, but no one since then has had even the slightest conception and plan of how globalization could benefit us, and what it would take imagination-wise for that to occur. Joe Biden is not that person either. In addition, he will be 74 years at the time he takes office. Has anyone in the national electorate (distinguished from his home state) ever really considered Joseph Biden to be an important political statesman? Not to my knowledge.

We need someone with a vision for the next 15-20 years. Someone with a vision of where the world can go and where the U.S. can be within that global picture. Joe Biden is not the answer.

February 8, 2014 at 7:57 am | Reply
  3. slim32

If Biden does run will he campaign on what America needs is a 3 letter word J-O-B-S? Please run Joe. I would vote for you in the Democrat primaries Joe. Please run.

February 7, 2014 at 8:17 pm | Reply
  4. Roy

Biden has as good a chance becoming president as I have doing a single leap over the moon.

February 7, 2014 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  5. David

No No No !! Why do contenders who have been through the elctoral process 2 3 times think that the next time there be a difference. Same comment for McCain. No No No

February 7, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Reply
  6. dhfabian

I'm mystified by the comment that VP Joe Biden is "unelectable." On the contrary, it is the norm for the VP to run for president, and he is certainly fully qualified for the job. What really is fascinating is the campaign to market Hillary Clinton for president. The discussion is at its most interesting when those who rail against the TPP/"free trade" in one breath promote Hillary Clinton in the next. Hillary Clinton, of course, was a powerful lobbyist for NAFTA.

February 7, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Reply
  7. Peter King

Biden will be a great president. He is doing a great as a vice president. If we do not elect Biden as the next president, we will make the same mistake in 2001. Al Gore should have been the president in 2001.

February 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm | Reply
    • slim32

Isn't Biden "too old and too white"? Or does that not apply to Democrats?

February 7, 2014 at 8:10 pm | Reply
    • Larry

Peat: You are a great jokester ... .. You should added Clinton also.

February 8, 2014 at 10:42 am | Reply
  8. jpherling

The reason not to run is that the Democratic party would never nominate him, even though he make a fine president, because is not electable.

February 7, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  9. Old Man

No reason "not" to run? – Too old. We need some new younger blood that understand the world as it is today and not the world of the 1970's when these people were elected.

February 7, 2014 at 3:33 pm | Reply
    • dhfabian

Ah, more like Reagan - someone in his 70s or 80s.

February 7, 2014 at 5:48 pm | Reply
    • Belvarie Varnado

That's all the Democrats have. Old people.

February 7, 2014 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  10. James

Reasons not to run. You are old, say the wrong thing at the wrong time and are from Delaware.

February 7, 2014 at 3:29 pm | Reply
  11. Mark L

How about the reason that you are an idiot. Dumber than Dan Quayle ever was

February 7, 2014 at 3:28 pm | Reply
    • Larry

Your right Dan was an Einstein compared to this idiot.

February 8, 2014 at 10:44 am | Reply
  12. jpherling

The reason not to run is that the Democratic party would never consider nominating him, even though he would make a very fine president, because he is not electable.

February 7, 2014 at 3:26 pm | Reply
  13. Bolognafish

I don't think Joe realizes that Obama was elected and re-elected not because Biden was on the ticket, but DESPITE the fact that Biden was on the ticket.

February 7, 2014 at 3:13 pm | Reply
  14. the Stugatz

sure thing Joe, here's what you do...just go out on the balcony and fire two blasts in the air!

February 7, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Reply
  15. the Stugatz

Oh there's many reasons Joe. Let's start with the biggest one and that is you are a buffoon.

February 7, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  16. Barry

I like Biden and I think he has been unfairly maligned by the media and the public. Do I think he will get elected? NO. He should retire gracefully. He has done a lot already in his career and for the country. He will only suffer disappointment. I hope he doesn't run again.

February 7, 2014 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  17. viktor

Biden as president? I will be leaving the country.

February 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Reply
    • Larry

Vic: Please take Him with You.

February 8, 2014 at 10:40 am | Reply
  18. john speilgelman

Since no Republican can or ever be president again due to the massive entitlement voting bloc, Biden is a sure better choice for us than Hanoi Helga, the queen of mean, the butcher of mena. I would vote for him over the butcher of the Ozarks any day and I'm even willing to change registration to Democrat just to make it happen. I cannot even stomach the possibility of Helga being president as she would surly run up 100T debt in no time. For the sake of this country, for the sake of the western world, for the sake of Earth in general, we need to send Helga back to her Ozark land and put Mr. Biden into the oval office.

February 7, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Reply
  19. MDB

There was a time, not that long ago, a few decades, when just the hint of scandal would destroy a political career.
    Today criminals posing as our representatives campaign on scandal.

Can I ask, what good is responsibility without consequences?

I pretty much know what would happen if I screwed-up on the job and didn't own-up. I certainly wouldn't suspect that I'd be asked to run the company. I would hope to be ridiculed if I even thought I'd have the arrogance to suggest such a thing.

Yet here we are. Trying to configure why the writer of this piece of putrid propaganda, cannot see what is obvious to the rest of us.

When a political class is not held to a higher-standard then those they are supposed to be subservient to, you are nothing more then a slave if you do not rise-up and bring these arrogant cretins to their knees!

February 7, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Reply
  20. Jim Rome

I love that Joe works under the radar. He's Obama's link to the old boy network. Can't wait to hear the war stories after this term.

February 7, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Reply
  21. SmellsFishy

OMG we've already had one village idiot from Texas, we don't need another. I'm sure the repubs are salivating at the thought of going up against this dingbat... but they'll step in the doo by putting Palin up. We need to wipe the slate clean!

February 7, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Reply
  22. Big Donkey

Doesn't see the big donkey in the room?

February 7, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Reply
  23. Oh Joe...

No reason "not" to run? – How about you are incompetent!

February 7, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Reply
    • zandhcats

He's more competent than the Republican elves and the overrated Hilary Clinton.

February 7, 2014 at 3:06 pm | Reply
    • NeoKat1

So true.. this guy's job at the white house is to wipe Obama's btt and be on perpetual vacations.

February 7, 2014 at 3:25 pm | Reply
    • jpherling

What, in your opinion, makes him an incompetent vice president?

February 7, 2014 at 3:36 pm | Reply
    • John Nemesh

How about the fact that he, and his puppet of a President (who I voted for, twice) refuse to listen to the will of the people, continue to be two-faced, talking about inequality while pushing global free trade agreements that only benefit the 1% while pushing jobs to other countries....who let tech companies hire less expensive Indian workers on H1-B visas while American tech workers go unemployed...who let the NSA CONTINUE to spy on American Citizens, ILLEGALLY....oh I could go ON AND ON! Biden/Obama is the worst thing that could have happened to this country! WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR ANYONE EVEN REMOTELY ASSOCIATED WITH HIM OR OBAMA!

February 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  24. Larry

The sad part is that Biden is more qualified than Hillary, and since the press has already began the character assassination of Christie, there's not much the GOP can field.

Unless, of course, we want a dictator, and I happen to be at leisure should anyone want to nominate me!

February 7, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Reply
    • rlroadster

We already have a dictator (Obamacare proved that), you should have said "another dictator"...

February 7, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Reply
    • Larry

Your right .. problem is these two are too STUPID to understand that .. but then a person has a right to be stupid if one wishes.

February 8, 2014 at 10:38 am | Reply
  25. orange sunshyne

one good reason not to run – Hillary

February 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Reply
  26. joe

Please no, Obama should be embarrassed by him. If he runs the republicans have to win.

February 7, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Reply
  27. Andrea Humphrey

Well I don't really want him to run, but many of those making fun of him are willing to back someone like Cruz in the Republican Party. I don't hear Republicans seeing any problem with the likes of him or a Sarah Palin running. Now there are some real winners!!!

February 7, 2014 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  28. Plugs McGaffe

Clearly he would garner 100% of the comedians' vote.

February 7, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  29. Nodack

Sorry Biden, I am a staunch anti Republican after their last ten years and will pretty much vote for anybody that isn't a Republican, but even I would have a hard time voting for you.

February 7, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Reply
  30. Buck Turgidson

"...there's no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run."

How about, because you're an utter moron who can't avoid burying your foot deeply in your mouth about once a week?

February 7, 2014 at 1:23 pm | Reply
  31. Felix Tung

Biden is a grumpy old man. Choose someone else for the Presidency. Please.

February 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Reply
    • jpherling

The vast majority of the grumpy old men in this nation are Republicans.

February 7, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Reply
  32. Pointless1

Biden has a better chance as being the spokesman for Slim Jims than he does being president.

February 7, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  33. blakenaustin

Biden, what a buffoon. Not able to articulate any compelling reason why he would run. And the truth is, there is no compelling reason why he should run. Just another far left, career politician.

February 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Reply
  34. personq

Please do!!!! That will ensure the republicans will win because no one will vote for him. By all means, RUN!

February 7, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  35. Shelli Brett

OMG please run. That would be great! So much entertainment will come from it. I can't wait. I need a good laugh.

February 7, 2014 at 1:11 pm | Reply
  36. Can'tBelieveIt

If this guy's ego was any bigger, it would have it's own weather system. What happened to this country??? This is the best we've got? Anybody got a tissue? Biden said his decision would be determined by whether he is “the best qualified person.”...................so sad that maybe he is........the GOP is no better. We are a people without a party. Just pretend I'm not here, cause that's what I'm doing anymore.

February 7, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Reply
  37. Rich

I wonder which terrifies a Republican more, President Joe Biden or President Hillary Clinton?

February 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Reply
  38. NealR2000

The only people who would vote for him would be the Saturday Night Live scriptwriters. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

February 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Reply
  39. Myturn222

No reason not to run? How about – you already have a job! Are you gonna give back your pay for the 2 years you're running?s

February 7, 2014 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  40. IndyMike

A poster says Biden would be a good candidate because he says what he thinks. The problem is he doesn't think before he says. His collection of inane, idiotic and off-the-wall comments would fill a large book.

February 7, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Reply
  41. bill

I like Joe! I don't trust Hillary at all! Besides, she did a lousy job as SOS.

February 7, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Reply
  42. Carol

Middleclass, middleclass, middleclass, funny the middleclass aren't being helped, the ones like Obama keeps mentioning, "the one's climbing to middleclass" are the ones being helped. When all of we middleclass climbed over the last 60 yrs. not one person even mentioned us. Now we're very popular for our backs that Obama has everyone climbing on like a ladder.

February 7, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Reply
  43. Ulysses

I don't think Mr. Biden can't seem to keep his feet out of his mouth long enough to make a credible run for President.

February 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  44. Jake

Give special citizenship to illegals? Isn't the point of them being called illegal citizens because they aren't supposed to be here? Here's the solution start at the root, you find an illegal citizen you trace him back to his home and deport his whole family. That way we don't have to worry about them being separated and we aren't spending our hard earned tax payer dollars on them. I have talked to people who are illegals they love it here and would never go back because they can live on welfare and food stamps and do nothing to help the economy. Also in my home state illegals now get free tuition to college that's so messed up on multiple levels.

February 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Reply
    • Bubba

Jake, you're right. The problem is that slowly over time, liberal thinking people twist the heart of the consitution to fit the "times". The 14th adendment wasn't intended to allow people who can either walk or fly into the country to give birth so they can claim they have "rights" in this country. The liberals NEVER speask about all of those "rich" people coming in from overseas and giving birth here so their children can have an American birth cert and passport. Poor people around the world cannot do that unless they walk in. The bottom line: People will twist the intent of the law to fit their needs when it's convenient and ignore the reasons why many hundreds of thousands of people over the last 250 years fought and died to build a nation they could be proud of. The USA was never intended to be a country of "hand-outs".

February 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Reply
  45. Laura

Hey, Joe. I can think of a few reasons, such as you've tried it before with very little support. You're a very nice guy, are well respected for your public service to this country, but you are not presidential material. I didn't vote for you the previous times you ran for president, and I'll make the same decision again for the same reasons, which is everything I've seen of you in your many years of public service.

February 7, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  46. Bob Snot

For the first time in a long time, we have a clean articulate causasoid thinking about running for President.

Disgusting bigot.

February 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  47. mu

What has Biden done to think he would get elected? He looks like a good politician or resembles too much of Bill Clinton? He doesn't seem like that smart of a guy, just a good politician.. people say that humans need guidance and help from themselves.. Ok then, there are a few select group of people that runs hundreds of millions of lives… does that make sense?

February 7, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Reply
    • mgkdrgn

"What has Biden done to think he would get elected?"

What did Barry Sorento do beside be black and show up (although never on time)? Biden at least shows up on time.

February 7, 2014 at 12:46 pm | Reply
  48. Rick

I'll give him 2 reasons not to run. Barak Obama & yourself.

February 7, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  49. Mary

Why not state the obvious, Joe? He's waiting to see what Hillary does before he "publicly" decides. He should do us all a favor though, and not waste our time. He will NEVER be "the best qualified person"!

February 7, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Reply
  50. Diogenese

Even Obama's following would refuse to vote for him.

February 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  51. bob_lawbla

How can someone campaign when they constantly have a foot in their mouth?
    He couldn't even handle Paul Ryan in the debate and that was as an incumbent.

Go ahead and run him, that's a sure fire way to give the majority to the Republicans.

February 7, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Reply
    • weefa

lol "couldn't handle Paul Ryan?" Were you watching the same debate? He spanked Paul Ryan.

February 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Reply
      • m

Biden made a complete A$$ out of himself in that debate. He embarassed the entire country acting like a child.

February 7, 2014 at 2:14 pm |
    • Kyle Jones

Biden was so disrespectful to Charles Woods, the father of dead navy seal, Tyrone Woods.

February 7, 2014 at 5:04 pm | Reply
  52. Rico

He can run, but he won't beat Hillary. Obama will have to pick one to support, and supporting Biden may be divisive for the party in what could be a closely contested race with republicans, given the current administration's disappointments. Additionally, it could be cannon fodder for midterm elections next fall.

February 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Reply
  53. Rememberwhatbushdid

The GOP tries to bury two fundamental principles: 1. The Constitution gives the President executive privilege for a reason. 2. Never in U.S. history has a party tried to obstruct EVERYTHING a president has tried to accomplish, especially after that president received a mandate from the people to accomplish those things. SO...never in U.S. history has executive privilege been more necessary.

February 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Reply
    • IndyMike

...and how does this have to do with Biden poosibly running for president?

February 7, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Reply
  54. StormySyndrome

The country's most irrelevant VP has made the news twice in one day. WOW. Before today, I'm betting 4/5 of the US couldn;t name the VP, and had no clue who he was. Thankfully, due to him making the news twice in one day, that number may have slipped to 3/5 not knowing who he is. First he slams the airport in New York as being akin to a 3rd world country. Now, I remember a pitcher a few years back slamming the New York subway as being the exact same thing , and getting cut from the Atlanta Braves for those remarks. Guess Biden needs to put up, or shut up. As for running for president?? Really?? He may be the one candidate most folks know almost absolutely nothing about. He may want to sit this one out.

February 7, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Reply
  55. gdaym8

BIDEN / BIEBER 2016 !!!!!!!!! Joe & Justin !

February 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  56. liberal disease

I still don't know what this guy does, except make a fool of himself ..wasn't he suppose to have all of this foreign relations experience? Well look a our relations around the world ? id this the best the deems can do?

February 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  57. mu

Joe Biden is a politician.. that is what he is.. he speaks in broad terms and in generalities to get the middle of the country.. that's what politics and such is all about.. the middle.. you have your polar opposites in feelings.. the thing is to get the middle of the mill… that's all politics is, it is a game… do you know that politicians in Washington have more DUI's, drugs convictions, domestic violence, and sexual assault than NBA, and NFL players… IMO politicians are the worst kind of people there is.. they are snakes, and will say WHATEVER it takes to get elected.. they don't care if it's a lie or not as long as there is the illusion that he/she will get things done when in reality, it's all smoke and mirrors

February 7, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  58. furianxo

I certainly hope he DOES run... if America's votes this fool in, then at least we know for certain we are headed for doom.

February 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  59. gdaym8

I think ole crazy pants Joe would make a good sidekick to Seth Meyers new show! Seth could just look at him every once in awhile and say REALLY, REALLY!?!?!

February 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  60. homestreetskank

I can! There are well over 300,000,000 people in this country. How is it that we can't find anyone else to run the place. Biden has done nothing of note to earn him any votes. Beyond that, enough of the Bush and Clinton dynasties. We need a major house cleaning in DC.

February 7, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Reply
  61. bluebyyou666

"no reason not to run"

BIDEN

----------
    He 'Ran' Twice, that's a really really good reason not to Run, as they call it... America's already let him know that they don't want him... nothing will change in that area for him... He's too old for one thing...

February 7, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Reply
  62. Ashton

Btw, who is this guy joe?

February 7, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Reply
  63. Nicole

Please no Joe. I am a lifelong Democrat but I'd say "No to Joe". We need to have a strong candidate and he simply isn't. He may be a nice guy but that doesn't make him a good presidential contender. Isn't it time for a woman in the oval office anyway?

February 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Reply
  64. Mark

Joe Biden makes the GOP look like an army of expert politicians. On behalf of the Republican Party, Mr. Biden, please do a disservice to your country and run for the office of President.

February 7, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  65. TeamCNNCNN

Many of you have remarked that Mr. Biden is too old to run for POTUS. There is a minimum age for the post; should there be a maximum age?

February 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Reply
    • teshawna

No, there should be no age limit the only question should be can you get elected. People can die at any age! 4years is 4 years.

February 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
      • TeamCNNCNN

Thanks for your opinion, Teshawna. You make a great point. Would you vote for Joe Biden if he runs?

Happy weekend!
        Lola
        CNN VCM

February 7, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
  66. JackBriss

If you give illegals a pathway to citizenship, then what's to stop all the Mexicans from coming into the country illegally to obtain the same. ? We might as well at that point take over Mexico and add it as a new 51st State.
    Rewarding Illegals is in NO way proper. Obama and Biden are two pieces of work. What a disgrace to the American people these two have become.

February 7, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  67. dina levine

I think he definitely should run – the Republicans need him

February 7, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Reply
  68. paul lamp

I'll support Joe !!

DO IT JOE

February 7, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply
  69. Joefishead

Please run you bafoon.....it will be entertaining oh and Hillary is a POS also ....Maybe we could have a libertarian

February 7, 2014 at 11:53 am | Reply
    • john

yeah and Romney would have done a great job..oh yeah maybe you cons will try to run the donald again.... BAWHAHAHAHA

February 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  70. countingdown

Sniffit

I wrote: "A "filibuster" could prevent a vote however, the vote was taken and the measure defeated. Duh!", nothing I wrote was untrue and your cry baby bs still didn't prevent the vote and it was still DEFEATED as it should have been, so duh!

February 7, 2014 at 11:38 am | Reply
  71. Independent

Just retire.

February 7, 2014 at 11:35 am | Reply
  72. blueshawll

I love Joe Biden. I'd vote for him with no hesitation.

February 7, 2014 at 11:31 am | Reply
  73. ConcernTroll

I've got a reason, at 74 he is too old. Hillary is probably encouraging him to run, she looks so good by comparison.

February 7, 2014 at 11:25 am | Reply
  74. alan

To what someone posted earlier. I agree, too many idiots posting on here. Probably a bunch of republicans with nothing better to do with their time except rant and rave about how bad Joe, President Obama, and Hilary are.

February 7, 2014 at 11:24 am | Reply
    • db

Alan, are u sure you're not republican? Couldn't agree more with how bad they are.

February 7, 2014 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  75. alan

To what someone posted earlier. I agree, too many idiots posting on here. Probably a bunch of republicans with nothing better to do with their time except rant and rave about how badJoe, President Obama, and Hilary are.

February 7, 2014 at 11:24 am | Reply
    • furianxo

Thats because they are... isn't it obvious? Or are you too stuck up the Democratic parties rear to see reason?

February 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Reply
  76. alan

To what someone posted earlier. I agree, too many idiots posting on here. Probably a bunch of republicans with nothing better to do with their time except rant and rave about how bad Joe and Hiliary are.

February 7, 2014 at 11:23 am | Reply
  77. sing-a-long

Are you serious Biden, your so hated and despised. And I don't have a opinion on you,
    dude rethink, you will get trashed more then you are, I really hope you rethink this for your families sake.

February 7, 2014 at 11:22 am | Reply
  78. Gunner

Wait.. What???? We have a Vice President? He has been in stealth mode the whole time.

February 7, 2014 at 11:20 am | Reply
  79. Tom1940

It is very important for Joe to run in the primaries in 2016, and a whole bunch of Fellow Dem's as well. Hillary should not get a "pass", but have to work, and work hard for the nomination to be the Democrat Standard Bearer. It will build her creds and increase her prestige through the vetting process of the Primary Season. We have seen how this "blood-letting" has helped the folks know about the "dark-side" of each and every GOP Candidate during the 2012 Pres. Election. Hillary should also be subject to this process, so independents, "low-info-voters" know exactly what they are getting, should Hillary be successful.

February 7, 2014 at 11:15 am | Reply
  80. Rich

Biden, now there is a real rocket scientist. And for you Hillary fans, she ain't a reincarnation of Bill.

February 7, 2014 at 11:05 am | Reply
  81. apetra

see what you did there, subtle backhand at Hillary, who recently said she hasn't driven a car since 1986.

February 7, 2014 at 10:58 am | Reply
  82. Lewis

Actually Biden does have a reason not to run. He can't win, in order to win an election you need both the vote of your own party, the vote of the independents, and some of the opposite party. Biden as Vice President was used to round up the Democratic Party, so naturally he portrayed himself as more extreme than president Obama. Nonetheless with his reputation as a far left Democrat destroyed the possibility of him winning a general election. Perhaps next go around, but not 2016.

February 7, 2014 at 10:53 am | Reply
  83. NIls

Joe Biden as the Democratic candidate for President would be the best thing that could happen for the Republicans or even an Independent candidate or well just about anybody running against him. The fact that he would even consider running is a strong indicator of how far out of touch with reality this administration is and Biden specifically. Clinton would eat his lunch unless he brings out her whole legacy. Bring it on Joe! Waste some time and money. Hope the libs send you billions.

February 7, 2014 at 10:51 am | Reply
    • Joefishead

Good call Nlls

February 7, 2014 at 11:55 am | Reply
  84. Polar Bear

If we have sunk so low that we as a country would seriously consider elected that buffoon, and it happens, I'm moving.

February 7, 2014 at 10:49 am | Reply
    • JT

I said the same thing

February 7, 2014 at 11:16 am | Reply
    • Chris

Promise?

February 7, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  85. TeamCNNCNN

Happy Friday! You love politics and so do we at NewDay. Keep 'em coming~

Lola
    CNN VCM

February 7, 2014 at 10:47 am | Reply
  86. Carrie

I have to say that Biden is very entertaining sometimes, but I would not vote for him.

February 7, 2014 at 10:45 am | Reply
  87. dre

Ugh. To think I was actually going to keep my breakfast down today...

February 7, 2014 at 10:44 am | Reply
  88. Barry G.

One thing you have to say for Joe Biden: He says what he thinks, without any sugar-coating or pretense.

That's rare for a politician. I admire that about him.

February 7, 2014 at 10:44 am | Reply
    • db

That's right Barry, it's hard to sugar-coat a foot!

February 7, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Reply
  89. John

No reason not to run?

No reason other than Biden couldn't get elected as president if he held a gun to the heads of voters, which is what he would have to do to even get on the ballot.

February 7, 2014 at 10:34 am | Reply
  90. brown

Biden is still engaging in self injurious behavior.

February 7, 2014 at 10:27 am | Reply
  91. Kim

Maybe you shouldn't because "we" the people don't what you too!!
    Hillary all the way !!

February 7, 2014 at 10:27 am | Reply
    • Polar Bear

Does that mean even more women will start wearing those ridiculous eye glasses?

February 7, 2014 at 10:51 am | Reply
  92. Enzo

Biden is clearly the best candidate for President....lol. We need to encourage him. He's the only VP that makes Dan Quayle look like a genius. I would love to see a Biden vs Hillary debate. The real crazy thing is that the GOP will probably pick a candidate that could lose to Joe Biden. What a sad country.

February 7, 2014 at 10:26 am | Reply