January 28th, 2014

Wrongly Convicted Ryan Ferguson Takes Up Amanda Knox's Case

For ten years, 29-year-old Ryan Ferguson sat in prison, wrongly convicted of murder.

That nightmare behind bars finally ended in November (See background HERE)  and, in just a few months since being released, Ferguson has found a new mission to be an advocate for those falsely accused of crimes.

One of the cases he is passionate about is Amanda Knox. Knox is currently waiting as an Italian jury is expected to deliver a verdict this week, in a retrial for the murder of Meredith Kercher.

Ferguson says of their connection: "We kind of had this connection in the sense that we've been through this justice system – although hers is in Perugia and mine is here. It's relatively the same. We've been through this, and there's not a whole lot of people in this world that have dealt with wrongful conviction. So it's cool and we can kind of just talk to each other. She wanted to reach out and say if you need to talk to anybody, if you need any help, I'm here for you. If not, I completely understand. So that's how we began communicating."

When asked about Knox's current state of mind by CNN's Kate Bolduan, Ferguson said she's staying positive.

"She seems to be doing very well. I'm impressed with her. It's so daunting at this time," he says. "Within 48 hours she should know her fate. You can't start living life until they actually clear you and until you're free essentially. So I'm amazed how she's doing. She's working hard on school and continuing life the best she can. She believes the courts are going to do the right thing based on the facts. I agree."

SEE FULL INTERVIEW ABOVE

Posted by
Filed under: Interview • News • Videos
  1. TartLemon

How long does moderation take? My comment has been posted over 24 hrs.

January 29, 2014 at 9:15 am | Reply
  2. martina

My heart goes out to the Kerchers.
    I miei pensieri sono per i Kercher.

January 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  3. pataz1

Its surprising that after speaking out about the press delivering misinformation in his case, Ferguson is hypocritically allowing the press to publish misinformation in the Knox case. Knox is not being "retried"; she is appealing her original 2009 conviction. Its only the US media that persists in this myth of a "retrial", presumable to preserve future access to the Knox family for interviews (and ratings).

January 28, 2014 at 12:07 pm | Reply
  4. D Caldwell

and of course he KNOWS who is falsely accused...............

January 28, 2014 at 8:56 am | Reply
  5. Kim Davis

I have to believe that the people who lied about this in the first place should be held accountable. I recommend they serve as many years in prison as the individual who was found guilty because of their wrongful testimony. How many lives have been completely ruined because of other people lying. You can't give a person those years back. So now, what skills does he have to get a job, home, etc.? He is basically ruined for life.

January 28, 2014 at 8:26 am | Reply
  6. fidel

i know what is really interested in

January 28, 2014 at 6:44 am | Reply
  7. Corry Todd

This guy is a real hero in my books, a survivor and warrior. His sister is totally hot too :-)

January 28, 2014 at 6:02 am | Reply
  8. TartLemon

I believe Amanda Knox is GUILTY.

I NEVER believed Ferguson was guilty.

January 28, 2014 at 5:56 am | Reply