January 2nd, 2014

Woman Eats Only Starbucks Products for One Year

Beautiful Existence – that's her name –  is a person who enjoys challenges.

In 2013, this mom tasked herself with consuming only food and drinks from Starbucks and its related properties.

Existence explained on "New Day" Thursday: "I go in for a year and I set myself a challenge around a brand to live and Starbucks was an eating challenge for me."

This is the third challenge she's completed – but it was not cheap. All together, the Starbucks eater says she spent over $7,000.

SEE FULL SEGMENT ABOVE

Posted by
Filed under: Interview • News • Videos
  1. @adamu1007

This suprised me

January 7, 2014 at 3:46 am | Reply
  2. Judy Ying

Why people are so stupid and nothing better to do?

January 5, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Reply
  3. realtalk380

I wish I could afford at less a week of starbucks in the Bahamas.

January 5, 2014 at 7:19 am | Reply
  4. Isaac

wao,i wil say d woman is strong shaa!but very expensive.wat r d nutritive content n didnt tell us her weight.

January 4, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Reply
  5. isabella

agree with the majority of the replies.... and she did it because......
    i don't really understand where is the big challenge in it.... or is it just marketing strategy to increase sales of the alreday enough popular franchise.... wondering..

January 4, 2014 at 9:24 am | Reply
  6. Naajiya Blight

it just doesn't make any sense...she must be bored with herself to be eating Starbucks for a year and anywhere else for her "challenges".....I've got a challenge, why don't you go save the world.....ridiculous

January 3, 2014 at 1:53 am | Reply
  7. J Morg

I wish I could afford to eat at Starbucks once a month, let alone every day.

January 2, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Reply
  8. Allie

And she did this because ... ?

January 2, 2014 at 8:36 pm | Reply
  9. Miruna B.

why?

January 2, 2014 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  10. Sarah F

Are you kidding me? She has not a single critique of her experience, and is only heaping praise on how wholesome and fat-reducing thier food is (which aint the case on closer inspection of many items...) can nobody else see this is a PR stunt??

January 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm | Reply
  11. Crystal Faulkner

Who cares

January 2, 2014 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  12. 60spearl

she seems so reticent with her responses. You should have shown more than just the neck up to see how she actually looks after a year of eating only Starbucks.

January 2, 2014 at 4:45 pm | Reply
  13. rogue ry

Big D, I've lived off of starbucks for the last 3 years and lost weight too. You don't hear me yapping about it.

January 2, 2014 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  14. APMEW

new age hipsters.....

January 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  15. Jane Acosta

I'm confused on why we should care about this?

January 2, 2014 at 3:21 pm | Reply
  16. jcafasso

Yea let's all challenge ourselves to be too lazy to cook our own meals and spend tons of money at Starbucks while there are millions of people trying to get by on less than $1 a day. Congrats on your unproductive year.

January 2, 2014 at 3:09 pm | Reply
  17. jcafasso

Yea let's all challenge ourselves to be too lazy to cook our own meals and spend tons of money at Starbucks while there are millions of people trying to get by on less than $1 a day. Congrats moron.

January 2, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Reply
  18. Mark

Being in the Pacific Northwest she had Starbuck owned options not available to the rest of us in other parts of the country. Let her try it in Durham, NC with only Starbucks and not the other Starbucks owned options to choose from. I can almost guarantee that she will not have the same results unless she either starves herself or continually exercises.

January 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Reply
  19. Val

Maybe it's a stupid question but did she have any body transformation ? I don't know what was her motivations ?

January 2, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Reply
  20. Katrina Wogoman

I hate these video articles. Would love to know the answer but honestly... watching a video is inconvenient.

January 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  21. kellyjdrummer

It just amazes me to see what people will buy into. SMDH.

January 2, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  22. rameshkate

Hey, I eat dal and bhat all year long.

January 2, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  23. Amber

Oh no.....

January 2, 2014 at 1:37 pm | Reply
  24. mike in VA

less than $20 a day.

January 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Reply
  25. Paula Gremour

How much weight did she gain...and can she now speak a different language ???

January 2, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Reply
  26. John

I suppose that there are some upsides to challenging yourself in such a manner. I takes a real commitment and discipline to do something consistently for over a year.

The real question is why choose to eat at Starbucks and Starbucks owned restaurant for over a year? What is the point of swearing your allegiance to one brand. Aren't we too focused on brands and consumption as a way of life in this country already? I feel that I'm already getting consumerism and the brand messages forced down my throat every time I turn the TV on or open a newspaper. I try to tune it out a much as can, but I wonder about the effect of this on our society. It can't be good.

Don't get me wrong, I like me grande latte as much in the next guy and I like to buy nice things when I have the money. But all the focus on consumerism and brand loyalty as a way of defining who you are as a person has gone too far. That's what the bothers me with this challenge.

That being said, the lady seems pretty cool and I wish her well on her next challenge. The REI sports challenge will be much more fun.

January 2, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply