Big Interview with Prince William on Monday – CNN's Max Foster Reflects
August 16th, 2013

Big Interview with Prince William on Monday – CNN's Max Foster Reflects

By CNN Anchor and Royal Correspondent Max Foster

Big royal interviews don’t happen overnight and if you’re lucky, they come through and at just the right time. For a long while, I have wanted to speak to Prince William about the cause closest to his heart, African conservation, and I’ve been in contact with his office for more than two years about making it happen. That interview finally came through this month and will be aired, in full on CNN September 15th as part of a special.

167

Of course I had to ask him about becoming a dad for the first time as well and we will be showing a section of the interview on "New Day" on Monday. I think you will be struck by how natural he is, passionate, frank and happy. So many parents will relate to what he’s saying. William isn't just a big star, he is set to become head of state in 16 countries and here he is talking about his own successor for the very first time. It’s an historic moment and I am thrilled he agreed to speak to me… you’ll see it first on "New Day." I’ll be on set with Kate, Chris and Michaela….

--------–

A portion of the interview will air on CNN’s New Day on Monday, August 19th at 8:00am ETIn it, the Prince reflects on becoming a new parent and how it has forever changed him

Full Press Release.

53   139

Posted by
Filed under: Fun • News • World News
  1. bj

That was an interview of a lifetime. I'm sure that William in much like his Mother was. I'm very happy for him & Kate on the birth of their son. Great to see he's getting the respect he deserves. Glad you got to do the interview. Congrats.

August 17, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Reply
  2. Harold

Sounds owesome.

August 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Reply
  3. Jane

Congratulations, Prince William and Kate, duchess of Cambridge, on your son, Prince George.

August 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  4. Billkwando

Hahahaha they've since updated the headline. Thanks CNN! 😉

August 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  5. Billkwando

Awww man, what a letdown.... When I saw the headline "Prince tells CNN about being a dad" I thought they were talking about THE Prince, as in Prince.....not A prince. LOL

August 16, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Reply
  6. Barbara

He's adorable...what a refreshing gentleman in today's scary world!

August 16, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  7. Wrong Prince

When I clicked on the link on the CNN homepage, I seriously thought that this was about Prince the singer, not this already-tired royal family story. I thought, Prince is a dad? How wonderful! Then when I got to this page, I was dejected to see William.

August 16, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  8. cedaly1968

Funny, when I read the link I thought this article was about something completely different. Prince Tells CNN about being a dad. Then I was wondering if he had knocked up Sheila E. or something. There are no other Prince's in the United States.

August 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  9. burnt fur

I was like, "PRINCE is a dad!?!?" wrong prince.

August 16, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  10. Ben

II thought this was gonna be about Prince the funky singer. Curse you CNN.

August 16, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  11. Princefan

Good gracious, I clicked wondering why I hadn't heard that Prince (Purple Rain Prince) had become a father, and excited to hear what he had to say about it!

August 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  12. Sojun

The USA is a Republic there are no princes here.For sure the British prince sees the baby one minute each day.

August 16, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Reply
  13. Jeremy

We just took our boys to London, and stayed on George St. It's nice to see such a positive role model in this young man 🙂

August 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Reply