May 28th, 2013

The latest on "New Day" – and Alicia Keys

Welcome to the "New Day" site at NewDayCNN.com – we'll be adding some new, fun, features over the next few weeks, but for now, make yourself at home.

In the video above, check out the just-released new "New Day" promo, which you'll be seeing on CNN. It features the song "New Day" by Alicia Keys. What do you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments – or get in touch with us on social media:

Follow "New Day" on Twitter at @NewDay

Connect with New Day" on Facebook at Facebook.com/NewDayCNN

Posted by
Filed under: About Videos • Videos
  1. Linda Paulick

I am thrilled with the New Day news. I DVR it, so I never miss it. I have stopped watching GMA and The Today show because they have become just another "Entertainment Tonight". Only now it's in the morning. I especially like the honesty and comments from Chis Cuomo. Please stay true to delivering the news and allowing everyone to be themselves.

October 14, 2014 at 6:48 am | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Good morning, Linda,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. So glad you're enjoying the show.
      Be sure to check out our Facebook page at Facebook.com/newday and on Twitter at Twitter.com/newday.
      Happy #NewDay!

October 14, 2014 at 7:00 am | Reply
  2. Dennis talbot

I wonder, if. Zimmerman was black and Martin white, if this would be such a big issue? I feel the black community is bringing race into this issue!

July 17, 2013 at 7:11 am | Reply
  3. newswatcher

This is about the same as I have felt – Chris Cuomo is not a very good journalist. His reporting always seems off and there is always a disconnect from the story and himself. He doesn't seem to relate to any topic. I'm not sure why he is involved in news.

June 22, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Reply
  4. Aimee in Phoenix, AZ

1. LOVE the song on the promos. Please make that the music you use as the theme song at the beginning and throughout the show. Love James E. Jones too....that's the cherry on top!
    2. The stylists need to plan the outfits for the girls better. Today MP had on HOT PINK.....looks awful on that set and she actually clashed big time with KB's beautiful red dress.
    3. The set is absolutely amazing....gorgeous. Whoever did that one is an amazing talent!
    4. Tell KB she looks nervous as she's CONSTANTLY tapping her 'papers' on the desk and MP's papers are a big MESS.
    5. Chris Cuomo is a little too 'vanilla' for me. Berman would have been a better choice. Although, I miss Ali Velshi...horribly! So sad he left.
    6. Now onto the content, pace, etc. I like it. It's growing on me. I LOVE the 30 min. of commercial free time. That alone is brilliant in my book.....if I see one more 'Lifestyle Lift' commercial I think I'm going to self-destruct!
    7. Do a segment about each of the 3. Let us get to know them...their humble beginnings. Prove to us that they are REAL people not plastic people made to 'fit' the job....let us interview them or something.
    8. Keep the crap out of the show. NO KARDASHIANS, LOHAN, BYNES....ETC. that is NOT NEWS! THAT'S GARBAGE!
    9.Oh, add some fresh flowers...to the desk....the floral designers in NYC are fantastic, They might be able to come up with seasonal fresh or silk designs that would make the set 'pop' even more.
    Thanks for the new show!

June 21, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Reply
  5. Annabelle

watched first show... Michaela would be a better co-anchor. She's more relaxed and funny ... Kate is a bit over-zealous....Cuomo a delightful surprise.

June 18, 2013 at 3:16 am | Reply
  6. Rick

Michaela come back to Los Angeles KTLA the ktla Morning news the ratings are going down without you.

June 4, 2013 at 11:40 am | Reply
  7. Dorothy Evans

Love it, it fresh and live, just like C.K.M.

June 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Reply
  8. Adrienne Brown

Love the theme song for "New Day" by Alicia Keys. Love ready get set lets go song as well...

June 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  9. Joseph

Promo is great. Just replace Cuomo with a journalist please.

May 29, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hi, Joseph,
      Thank you for your compliments about our New Day promo. We hope you'll give Chris Cuomo an opportunity to provide you with great morning news.

We always appreciate feedback and encourage you to share directly with CNN at http://www.cnn.com/feedback.

Have a lovely day!
      Lola
      CNN Viewer Communications

June 19, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  10. Beverly Quinn

CNN used to be my favorite news station and I watched it every night. Not any more. I do not like Anthony Bourdain on prime time (my valuable time) talking about eatiing worms in India. In fact, I am not interested in viewing a travelogue on prime time. I don't have a lot of time–I am a practicing attorney who works long hours–and all I really want to hear is important news about world, national and local events from credible, seasoned newscasters. I like the old characters.
    Send the fluff to NBC and the cable channels.

May 28, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hi, Beverly,
      Thank you for your succinct comments about CNN programming. We understand that our viewers are very busy each morning, which is why New Day offers you options for getting your news on CNN.com, the New Day Facebook page, and via New Day's Twitter account.

One segment that may be of interest to you is NewDay's "5 Things You Need to Know for Your New Day," a quick synopsis of the top-trending stories for you. In addition, New Day has been offering viewers 30 minutes of commercial free news from 7 – 7:30 am ET each day, so you get a full spectrum of information while you're getting ready for work.

We hope you'll give us the opportunity to provide you with the most comprehensive morning news on any of these platforms.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us and have a delightful day!
      Lola
      CNN Viewer Communications

June 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  11. garbear

Kate is the most attractive newswoman on television. Many will tune in to enjoy the pleasure of watching her speak.

May 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Reply
  12. gibbysun

So this show will now replace Carol Costello at 6am west coast time. Not happy but will give the show a shot. Christine Romans is awesome. Love starting point.

May 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Thanks so much for allowing us the opportunity to share our mornings with you. Many West Coast viewers are actually DVRing NewDay, so they can start their mornings with us, when their day begins.

We so appreciate your comment about Christine Romans; we think she's awesome, too!

Please let us know what you think about the new program, and be sure to share your "good news" stories with us. We want to broadcast "good news" each day, and would love to hear from you.

Thanks so much and have a lovely day!
      Lola
      CNN Viewer Communications

June 19, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Reply
  13. serenityboss

I was looking forward to this show. I didn't know much about Chris Cuomo, but I was becoming a fan of Kate Bolduan from the Situation Room. Then I saw the interrogation of Amanda Knox by Chris Cuomo and decided that Mr. Cuomo is not someone i wanted to give my time. Sorry Kate I'll be watching local news in the morning.

May 28, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Reply
    • TeamCNNCNN

Hello,
      Thank you for your note about Chris Cuomo. We're sorry to hear that you've decided against watching New Day. We do hope you'll give CNN the opportunity to provide your mornings with something new.

We always appreciate feedback and encourage you to share with CNN directly at http://www.cnn.com/feedback.

Thank you again and have a great day!
      Lola